Adopting a fish

phoebie

I was just browsing some secondhand websites and stumbled across an 8 inch female white comet free to a good home, turns out she was bullied by other fish in the tank..long story short, I'm picking her up tomorrow evening!

Very cool and congratulations!

You may already know this--We recommend you do the quarantine procedure for your new fish: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/114492-how-to-quarantine-new-fish/

Post pics when you can!

So I picked up the fish! She is in fact a common goldfish I decided to name Alba and she was bullied because she was in a tank with a huge turtle, lobsters and cichlids! Not to mention I tested the water she came in and all parameters were sky high! Poor fish :( but now she is happy in her 100l QT destressing :P

So I picked up the fish! She is in fact a common goldfish I decided to name Alba and she was bullied because she was in a tank with a huge turtle, lobsters and cichlids! Not to mention I tested the water she came in and all parameters were sky high! Poor fish :( but now she is happy in her 100l QT destressing :P

Oh my lord!

I wonder why she was being bullied???? yeeshhh poor little girl! Glad you have her now!

She has already perked up considerably swimming around looking for food as a goldfish should! I shall keep you posted on Alba's QT :P I know I for one am thankful this fish can now have a better life