Indoor temperatures and Heater settings

stech

Do you use heaters for indoor Ranchus and if so what is minimum heating settings that is healthy for fish?  Planning to get 3 to 4 inch Side-View ranchus in 90 gallon indoor fish tank.

Low temperatures doesn't affect bio media?

I believe low temps can affect biomedia, but unless you have no heat in your house in the middle of winter in NYC, it should be fine at room temperature. I keep my house around 68-70 all winter and my tanks are fine with no heaters.

Goldfish are alright with slow temperature fluctuations. However, if it gets to 60 in your house I would add a heater and leave it set to btw 65-70 degrees. This will allow the temperature to swing, but not to get so low that it causes your fish's growth or appetite to be effected.

Is your tank cycled? If not, from what I remember you'll achieve a cycled tank faster in warmer temperatures.

Not cycled I will be adding Pure Pond which will speed up cycling so it probably should have a higher temperature.