Introduction of my tank

FishGolden187

Hey new to this site and have been doing some reading. I soon realized my 55 gallon tanks flow rate was insufficient so I went and bought another fluval 70 HOB filter the other one I have on the right is super old but it gets the job done. I also have an under gravel filter as you can see the 4 tubes along the back. Any questions or comments feel free!

aa45ec78a3d1ef99bb2c0c9e8883e5ee.jpg

262b79667311a706bb74208c617ed8c2.jpg

e28c53130be059db348c95bc45ff4c4f.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality taking photos of the moving fish is basically impossible with my phone. On a side note I picked up some freeze dried blood worms too my ryukin and oranda can't get enough of them the shubunkin doesn't seem too interested

Edited by FishGolden187

I love the background! Do your fish swim through the "pipes"?

I only use frozen bloodworms, but it seems fine with me to soak then squeeze although you may squeeze out nutrients.

I don't use them personally, but I think some people on here soak them and then squeeze them to get the air out. I love the colors on that Ryukin.

Thanks! He's a little calico but yeah I had seen some people on here talking about them being good for your fish and will fatten em up but they aren't very big or like puffy I'm gonna try soaking them next time though I'll probably put up some pics

I love the background! Do your fish swim through the "pipes"?

I only use frozen bloodworms, but it seems fine with me to soak then squeeze although you may squeeze out nutrients.

Thanks! And yeah they do sometimes they like to hangout in there too I figured the opening on it was big enough to not have to really worry about harmful gasses building up and stuff like that I've had it for a while

Thanks for the feedback everybody! Heater came in the mail and I got it hooked up. My tank is in my basement so naturally it's colder down here and the thermometer on the side of my tank goes from 86 to 64 and it doesn't read anything so I figured my water was probably too cold set my heater to 68 I'm not sure if it's in the best spot I know I should have it in a high flow area.

96ae872e80b87e015505b82ae8097dc0.jpg

6e6ebd275d73ced40eceb9e372fe053c.jpg

43c634dabb2beaaaf6c313d430be4489.jpg

3f592ad31cc0713b12d33fd043ca63cd.jpg

9a1c10392b0c93447e877ecbedf70c6d.jpg

"Hello world!"

8c0a88fc36f573f2285f85a1a0393de2.jpg

I don't think it is.

Nice looking set up.

Do you have a top? It will help keep the heat in and reduce your electric usage.

Yeah but no lights so when I put the tops on it stops light from getting to the tank from the bulbs overhead in the ceiling I was planning on making an LED lighting fixture to go on top of the tank