Hello Everyone :)

Jim_D

Hello All,

I have come back to my first fish love - Goldfish.

I have kept tropical planted tanks (C02) for 30 years and tropical Marine/Coral (and temperate marine fish) tanks for 14 years.

I have a Koi/Goldfish pond that is 20 years old in August that has some now quite large Koi and Goldfish in it that my two young grandchildren love to put their fingers in and let the Koi suck on them!

I feel like I'm 10 years old again setting up my first 10 gallon goldfish tank : ) I am so excited again about having some 'little piggies' inside the house again.

I have a 120 gallon tank that has a few millimetres of sand on the bottom, four (4) Eheim 2217 canister filters, a 4' LED light for the majority of the viewing period and also a German 4' Aquaspacelight with two (2) 150watt metal halide for a few hours of even more pleasurable viewing at night time when we are relaxing after a hard day.

The water is heated, I'm in Australia and we have very hot and very long summers and the nights are warm as well.

I jumped in and bought fantails and black moors from my local LFS, THEN went to Google and found a Goldfish forum and THEN discovered Orandas and Ranchus !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well....living in a rural area, these types of fancies are hard to come by (read impossible). If worst comes to worst and the temptation is just too overwhelming, luckily I have the pond to rehome the current fantails if Orandas and Ranchus prove too irresistible and the next time we travel to Sydney we just happen to find an LFS that stocks good quality fancies. 

Nice to meet you all. I have done a ton of reading here in the last week or so.

Kind regards,

Jim

Hello, Welcome to Koko's! :)  Goldfish sure are irresistible aren't they? :goldfish:

Thank for the welcome.....they sure are :)

Your enthusiasm is contagious. Looking forward to hearing about your project - perhaps starting a member blog is in order?  :hi Welcome.

I'll look at the blogs....thanks for the welcome :)

Love your post Jim :D

Welcome to Kokos :hi

Thanks for the welcome :)

:hi:welcome

Thanks, appreciate the welcome :)

Hi Jim.

I envy you warm climate people, having the ability to keep a pond outside with little worries about snow :rofl

Hope you post some pics of your fish.

Welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome....yes the warmth is nice....but it can make you go troppo!

Hello Jim and Welcome to the forum. :)

It was nice reading your thread. How exciting to have a 120g tank. I must admit, Oranda's and Ranchu are two of my favorite kinds of fish.

Hello Jim and Welcome to the forum. :)

It was nice reading your thread. How exciting to have a 120g tank. I must admit, Oranda's and Ranchu are two of my favorite kinds of fish.

Thanks for the warm welcome. The more I read and look at the photos on the forum that have been posted by other members....the more beautiful Oranda's and Ranchu'

s become :)

'Wen' that's a new word for my vocabulary.....but wow...do they look nice !

Welcome to Kokos! Can't wait to see some pictures in the future!   :D

Thanks very much.

Love the fish and the little dachshund in your sig photos :)