Micro Bubbles during Water Changes

stech

Any issues with alot Micro bubbles during water changes?  I know that micro bubbles can get to gills of fish such as Discus and make them suffocate.   What about Ranchus? 

Micro bubbles can cause issues with goldfish. A good way to stop this is to make sure the water entering the tank splashes back into it. Keeping your refill apparatus a bit above the water line during the entire refill process allows for this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I never knew micro bubbles were bad for goldfish....before my Python I always had so many micro bubbles I've seen them on my fish's tails and thought it was ich lol they never had any problems. Out of coursity what kin of problems do they cause?

I never knew micro bubbles were bad for goldfish....before my Python I always had so many micro bubbles I've seen them on my fish's tails and thought it was ich lol they never had any problems. Out of coursity what kin of problems do they cause?

The main problem microbubbles have been linked with is gas bubble disease. Microbubbles can be indicative of supersaturation of gasses in the water. This may not always be the case, but it is something that can easily be prevented by the method I outlined above. 

I've noticed that surfaces covered in biofilm resist micro bubbles more easily. I stick the hose in the tank without splash and I don't see the bubbles anywhere but the hose itself.

If I were to wipe my tank walls/filter hoses/heater and then do this, the microbubbles would be all over them.

• 4 weeks later...

So - I see very fine bubbles on my plants (which I remove from the tank while I vacuum it) after a 90% water change and sometimes lots of very fine bubbles in the water itself. Should I wait until the bubbles are all gone before returning the fish to the tank? Could these bubbles kill a fish, I lost one of my fish the morning after I did a 90% water change.

Ok I did let the water splash in the last time I changed the water. I do generally wait until I cannot see the fine bubbles in the water column before I return the fish. Although to make the water in the bucket and the tank as similar as possible I do add tank water to the bucket over a 45 minute period so the fish wont be shocked. So I am probably adding micro-bubbles to the bucket water.