Do you live in Southern California?

Reds12

I recently inherited some pond plants that came along with goldfish eggs...

The fry range from about 2-3 weeks old now, and we just got a count on them....there are 200!!

Since I obviously cannot house 200 fish, I'll need to find them homes.  We're in the middle of rebuilding our pond to hold a little over 500 gallons, so we'll be able to keep a some of them, but not many!

They're still so young I don't know exactly what they're going to look like yet, but if you might possibly be interested, let me know!  I'm in San Diego, but we can try to make some arrangements to get the fish to you.

Some of them are starting to show yellow and orange color - so I'm curious to see how they start to look over the next couple of weeks!

Hi! I'm also in San Diego! I myself can't take any of the fish as I don't have a pond, but if you don't find anyone on here, there is a great pond store up in Encinitas that might be able to help you re-home them. They're called Underwater Environments and they're on Rancho Santa Fe Rd. 

I'm in S.D. also but my tank is already stocked with 3 goldfish in a 60g. I hope you are able to find them good homes. I'll have to check out the two websites that were mentioned above. I've never heard of them. I live in Fallbrook and go to Temecula, Murrieta area more then up in the direction of Poway and Encinita.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I'm in S.D. also but my tank is already stocked with 3 goldfish in a 60g. I hope you are able to find them good homes. I'll have to check out the two websites that were mentioned above. I've never heard of them. I live in Fallbrook and go to Temecula, Murrieta area more then up in the direction of Poway and Encinita.

The places I typically go for my indoor fish are more south, but I really like the pond store in poway.  Its small, but they have very large and very pretty koi, so I usually take my son with me to ooh and ahh over them :)

Where do you go in temecula?  I'm up that way for fish supplies on occasion among other things, mainly restaurants so off topic, but I'd be interested in taking a look at what they have up that way next time I'm there.

Put a bigger fish in with them and wave goodbye!

At this rate, I won't even have to do that.  ;)  I've witnessed today some of the larger fry snacking on the smaller ones.  Mmmm.