Sign in to follow this  
Acro

Sideshow Turtles

SIDESHOW TURTLES

I love the unusual, and a couple of years ago I bought a group of strange hatchling Red Eared Sliders.  They are now 2 years and 3 months old (and over 4 inches).  They are natural deformities that I’ve raised up past the sensitive stage.  Now they are available to you! 

They require the same care as normal turtles, but are better suited for aquarium (or indoor pond) care.  All feed vigorously on a varied diet. 

Prices are based on their uniqueness.  I have seen many odd turtles sell for outrageous costs but I’m keeping prices in an affordable range.  These turtles are not sold for breeding purposes.  I am not in a hurry to rehome them and finding a good home is more important than making a quick buck or a cool trade.  But now the time has come . . .

Step Right Up and feast your eyes on the SIDESHOW TURTLES!

Croc-Bite

Croc-Bite looks like he had a few chunks bitten off of his sell.  Fortunately for him, he was born that way.  Notice his unusually long neck and the beautiful red dot on his head.

cb1.jpg

In the middle of his plastron, there is an area that is covered with skin instead of shell.

cb2.jpg

Take home Croc-Bite for just $75.

Origami

Origami looks as if he was folded in half! 

o1.jpg

His tail and most of his back legs are fully exposed.  Notice the red tear drop on his head.

o2.jpg

Yours for just $55.

Monstro

Named so, because of his odd looks and monstrous appetite, he was the largest for a while.  Monstro has a domed carapace which makes him look bigger than he really is.  His head (marked with a question mark) always faces right but he swims in a straight line.

m1.jpg

The right bottom of his carapace curls upward and he has a curl in his tail. 

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

Monstro is an easy $55.

Lefty

Lefty has crazy split scutes on her shell.  Notice the red line on the top of her head.

l01.jpg

Her left arm is shorter than her right arm and cannot retract it into her shell.  Her plastron is not fully formed and the area is covered with skin instead of shell. 

l02.jpg

Make Lefty yours for $55.

Big Bertha

She is the largest of the group.  She surpassed Monstro in size and she loves to eat!  Her shell has a crazy arrangement of scutes that seem to be placed with no rhyme or reason.  Photos are the only thing that can explain Big Bertha!

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

She is yours for $250.

I'm also open to trades, here is what I’m looking for:

Aquarium Stuff

Fake Skulls

Seachem flourish excel

48" Fluorescent T8 Aquarium Light

75 gallon aquarium and stand (local only)

HoldFast Epoxy (any brand, used for reef aquariums)

Live aquatic plants (bucephalandra, anubias: stardust/variegated/marbled )

Reptile Stuff

Fake Skulls

Waterfalls for Terrarium use

Humidifiers (Ultrasonic Fogger, Reptirain, Reptifogger, Monsoon, etc.)

Exoterra or Zoomed  terrariums (Nano or Mini)

Canned Insects (feeders)

Reptiles

Eye Morph Female Leopard Geckos ("pet quality" and deformities OK!)

Other unusual turtles

(no snakes please)

Invertebrates

Horn worms

Butter worms

Praying mantids 

Stick Insects eggs

Roach species

Beetles and larvae

Lasiodora Parahybana slings

Isopods

Live butterfly/moth pupa

Invertebrate Supplies

Decayed hardwood (prepared for beetles)

Decayed hardwood leaves (prepared for beetles)

Acrylic cages (type used for tarantulas)

Plants

Synsepalum dulcificum (miracle fruit)

Venus Fly Traps:

• Jaws
  • FTS Towering Giant
  • Trigger Happy
  • Spider
  • Creeping Death
  • WIP Slim Snapper
  • Korean Melody Shark
  • Most GIANT Venus Fly Traps
  • Most ‘Short Tooth’ Venus Fly Traps

Books

Ant Plant Books

Any by Orin McMonigle (Elytra and Antenna)

Other Stuff

Private Life of Plants, DVD Set

Serious inquires only, know your state laws regarding Red Eared Sliders, more photos available upon request, sexing is based on experience but not guaranteed, feel free to ask any questions.  Please check out my reviews here: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94469-positive-review-of-acro/

and ask to see my flawless reviews on other forums as well.  Thanks for looking and PM me now to get your Sideshow Turtles!

Edited by Acro

These turtles are really neat and I assume they're all happy despite their issues.. :teehee

Edited by Chai

Just some basic info :peeka

The turtles need a UVA basking spot where they can completely come out of the water and dry out their shell to prevent shell rot. Turtles also need a UVB bulb as well. I would suggest no smaller than a 40 breeder for one and a 75 gallon for 2 or maybe 3.

I would recommend trimming their nails a little :)

These turtles are really neat and I assume they're all happy despite their issues.. :teehee

I keep normal turtles and they all act the same.  The Sideshow Turtles bask, eat, swim and do everything normal turtles do.  They just look a little odd doing it!

Just some basic info

The turtles need a UVA basking spot where they can completely come out of the water and dry out their shell to prevent shell rot. Turtles also need a UVB bulb as well. I would suggest no smaller than a 40 breeder for one and a 75 gallon for 2 or maybe 3.  I would recommend trimming their nails a little

I know the intention is good, but this is really not the place to discuss turtle care, nor is it your responsibility to educate people about my turtles.  I care a great deal about these animals and you can be sure I will educate anyone who intends to bring one of my turtles into their home.  I also must point out the suggested tank size is incorrect and adult male turtles do not need their nails trimmed, they are sexually dimorphic and use their long nails for communication.  Please leave the educating to someone with more experience.

I am not upset in the least, I just needed to set some things straight.  Please PM me if you'd like to talk more about turtles.  :D

Edited by Acro

I would ADOPT a turtle like that, but never buy - especially for such a high price ... I'm happy with my turtles and I'm glad I can provide excellent care for them. I rescued both my turtles, but I honestly would euthanize most of those poor turtles. They may be fine now, but I feel like they would have stress onto their backs and organs from having such severe deformities. In my opinion, it just seems cruel to keep them alive. :no:

Edited by Kiara

I think personal opinions should be kept out of this thread. Acro is trying to find them homes, there's no need for anything else to be said.

I would ADOPT a turtle like that, but never buy - especially for such a high price ... I'm happy with my turtles and I'm glad I can provide excellent care for them. I rescued both my turtles, but I honestly would euthanize most of those poor turtles. They may be fine now, but I feel like they would have stress onto their backs and organs from having such severe deformities. In my opinion, it just seems cruel to keep them alive.

1) If one goes a little deeper into the turtle keeping world, one would find that turtle oddities sell for a high price.  In relation, my prices are low and affordable.  I'd be glad to send website links to show a comparison.  Please PM me if interested.

2) I find it funny, that a person who keeps deformed fish (fancy goldfish) can complain about a person who keeps deformed turtles.  It is very possible for fancy gold fish to suffer from "stress on their backs and organs from having such severe deformities".  Do we know the phrase "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?  If not, please discover the meaning.

3) I am open to talking about turtles but please PM me to do so.  If you want to have an off topic discussion, please start a thread in the proper area of this forum.  Again, I'm not mad, but I ask everyone; please stay on topic and have purpose in what you type.  I don't like having to get defensive, it makes this less fun.  :(

I think personal opinions should be kept out of this thread. Acro is trying to find them homes, there's no need for anything else to be said.

Thank you for helping keep this thread on topic!  High five and a hug to you!

To keep the positive energy flowing, I'd like to offer $15 off to the first person to buy a Sideshow turtle.  If we end up doing a trade, I'll take the $15 out of shipping.

PM me NOW to get your Sideshow Turtles!  :D

Edited by Acro

They are adorable!!! Good luck on finding home's for them.

They are adorable!!! Good luck on finding home's for them.

Thank you for the kind words.  Let me know if you'd like to take one of these adorable babies home with you.  ;)

Just wondered if you found homes for the Sideshow turtles?

Croc-Bite, Origami, and Lefty are with new owners.  Monstro, and Big Bertha are still available. 

Let's let this thread die out.  Please PM me with any comments, questions and thoughts.  Thanks!  :D