(Tosakin) Just babies, but showing some potenial......

ronconcep14

Well, well, well.... Look what I found at one of my local fish spots. This was a cool find! Only 2 inches, but showing some potential. I was told that they're a challenge to keep, so we will see how true that is. If everything goes well, they'll look great in my pond. Any advice is welcome. 

4e454ee805bc9.jpg

Edited by Helen
external link removed. rule 4a.

• Supporter

too adorable. i had the opportunity to buy young tosakin, but my filters are adjusted to suit stronger swimming fish and they would have suffered, so i chose against them. but they are indeed a very beautiful fish with the most gorgeous tails :wub: i couldn't keep my eyes off a calico one that my supplier was offering me.

congratulations on a great find :)

too adorable. i had the opportunity to buy young tosakin, but my filters are adjusted to suit stronger swimming fish and they would have suffered, so i chose against them. but they are indeed a very beautiful fish with the most gorgeous tails :wub: i couldn't keep my eyes off a calico one that my supplier was offering me.

congratulations on a great find :)

Sorry for the link. Did not realize. Thank you! As soon as they get big enough, they'll go in the pond where the water will be a lot calmer.

Edited by ronconcep14

The current looks a little strong! If you can baffle it they'd really appreciate it I'm sure. Tosakin need still and shallow water to develop a proper tail form and to prevent health issues because they are not strong swimmers. They look incredible!

The current looks a little strong! If you can baffle it they'd really appreciate it I'm sure. Tosakin need still and shallow water to develop a proper tail form and to prevent health issues because they are not strong swimmers. They look incredible!

Thanks for the advice. I kind of thought the same thing, so I turned off the bigger filter and ran the smaller one. After quarantine they will be placed in my shallow pond (10-12 inches deep) where the water is alot calmer. Thank you once again.