My little Chubs :)

kehresmann

They both look like females to me, but its a bit difficult when they're itty bitty.

The moor certainly is a female.

They are still pretty teeny, but they've grown quite a bit since I brought them home. :) I watched a million videos on sexing goldfish and I still wasn't quite sure on whether my moor was male or female but I was leaning towards female because awhile ago I thought I had witnessed some "Chasing" between the two goldies. Thank you for the confirmation though! Now I can officially refer to Chunkers as her. :thumbup2:

Chasing occurs when they're young and playful so who knows. :rofl

The vent sticking out from the side view is clear on her, and her fins are more rounded. As for the little calico, I can't see very clearly. :hide:

They are pretty playful buggers. :rolleyes: The picture of Butterball (Am I a bad person for giving both my goldfish names referring to them being fatties?? :rofl3 ) wasn't very clear at all so I can see it being hard to sex him/her. Butterball wasn't quite as willing to let me roll him/her over in my hand as Chunkers. xD

I actually kept hitting the next arrow in your PB to see the other photos. :rofl3

Not bad at all.. There's a few fish here named after their .... Physique. :ehh:lol2

Nice looking fishies! ;) Plus they are so cute!!

The vent sticking out from the side view is clear on her, and her fins are more rounded. As for the little calico, I can't see very clearly. :hide:

So a females vent sticks out and has more rounded fins than a male's fins are? Still trying to learn the difference of the sexes for myself in my goldfish :rolleyes:

Nice looking fishies! ;) Plus they are so cute!!

So a females vent sticks out and has more rounded fins than a male's fins are? Still trying to learn the difference of the sexes for myself in my goldfish :rolleyes:
This photo is from Jennie of Solid Gold.

Showcases the female fish body, also note the rounded pectoral fins and how thin they are. :)

femaleBody2.jpg

An example on a darker female fish from Rain Garden.

4HXc1EHl.jpg

Much different than the typical female fins, ending in more of a point.

D8To5sXl.jpg

This fish is also from Rain Garden, differently shaped fins, also note the breeding stars on the thick part of the fins which females also lack.

eIZO0xhl.jpg

And the difference in vents

moqdr4y.jpg

Edited by Chai