Goldfish developed HUGE bump on his left side

smg2227

• Admin

as far as the treatment for bacteria cysts go, there aren't any. pristine water is what is needed and once it/they pop, it's usual that we keep the site clean by adding either aquarium salt at 0.1% or melafix. the fish will usually heal itself, but sometimes the wound can be left raw and bleeding a little, depending on the size of the cyst.

Helen If I may suggest the Silver treatment... It works on bacterial stuff and wounds.....

We can do salt in the tank and silver right into the tank... :)

• Admin

i actually dont i am going to the pet store tonight tho, how much aquarium salt should i give

As much as you can afford hun... I normally buy the Mortans Canning salt at any store like Walmart or a Grocery store :)

unfortunately he died last night :/ it was pretty sudden too  he still looked normal yesteday, i could tell he wasnt feeling well because he would stay at the bottom and only swim to the top a little but today i came home from work and saw that he was in the corner bent over. :(