Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Pictures Of Sugar

I forgot that I didnt' need to upload, and I just uploaded a ton of pictures, D'oh! And then I had to go back and resize them all :lol I am brilliant.....not!

post-18-1081478093.jpg

Another picture of Sugar. He is not snow white, he has a spot of pale blue on his one fin, and his gills are navy. He was pure white (except his gills) in the store. But now that he is home and flaring, he has a few impurities....not that I care! :P

We think he was masquarading as pure white, to lure me into buying him, so he could get out of the22 cup :rofl

Jessica

post-18-1081478232.jpg

WOW i have never seen a white betta at my Lf's your so lucky jess. :D

He is jaw dropping awsome!!! :tbanana

I've never seen a white betta at a lfs either. And when I called and asked about getting one, they basically told me "Fat chance" heehee.

It was my birthday, and my lucky day I guess. It was too wierd. I mean the store I found him at, I rarely ever go too. The only reason I went was because my lfs was out of fish....which NEVER happens, at least not in the last two years!!

Thanks Ali

Congrats Jessica!! You finally got your white betta!! :rbanana :nana :gbanana :panana

His Fins Look Like They Have A Light Yellow Shade To Them :unsure:

Yes he fins do have a brownish colour that WASN"T there when I bought him :rofl It appeared about half hour after we were home.

I think he was masquarading as pure white, to lure me into buying him, so he could get out of the little cup :lol

Jessica

what a cute betta!! :wub: i love the pale blue color on it! my white betta's fins and body got a brown-ish color after i brought it home too Lol its color keeps changing, but its still *mostly* white right now Lol but at this rate it wont be white much longer! Lol :lol:

Hi Jessica,

Sugar is a real cutie! He was just waiting for you and he knew that he had to look really, really white. I can just imagine him in that horrible cup ... "OK, here comes that girl, Jessica. She wants a white betta. So, now I will look really white so she will buy me and get me out of this prison".

Smart betta :lol:

Guest fishiegirl
I forgot that I didnt' need to upload, and I just uploaded a ton of pictures, D'oh!  And then I had to go back and resize them all  :lol   I am brilliant.....not!

you mean, it's normal for bettas to have a different color on their gill plates? mr. george has bright red color on his gill plate, and i'm worried that it is inflamed gills, but i'm really not sure yet....

sorry, quoted the wrong one. i think you know which message i meant to quote. (in case you don't, its the second one...)

Edited by fishiegirl

Yes, bettas can have a different colour on their gill plates, and they also can have a different colour around the gill plates ... the part that shows when they flare :D

That is a very cool male you got there. I just now got a white female...... hehehe. Here is my pic of my female but I know it's not a good pic..... PLUS she has some tail missing but she's a cute one. I just got her today.

white-female.JPG

Both are very nice fish! :lol:

yesterday i went to the petstore to buy some dog food and i gravitated toward the fish section and i saw this really pretty pure male white betta in a cup that was dead! UGH those petstores! :angry:

I love your female Kagome.

Sugar said to ask you if she wants to go on a date with him? :rofl

Jessica

Guest Lyndzi

Oooh nice fish, glad you finally got what you were looking for!! it was fate :D

He is obviously not an IBC opaque or ivory, but he is sooo unique! and his markings look great! I wouldn't call them impurities, I'd call it personality..