Prazipro Treatment Schedule for an Uncycled Tank

Josie

Hey everyone!  I just got my Prazipro in the mail today, and I would like to begin using it, however, my tank is uncycled.  I have been looking over the protocol that dnalex wrote, and I am wondering if there is a modified version for uncycled tanks-I have been doing daily large WC (about 80%).

you could…

a.) Purchase a powdered version of Praziquantel called Pond Prazi/Aqua Prazi that requires only 1/2tsp per 60 gallons and treats thousands of gallons per bottle

b.) Buy laaaarge quantities of large Prazi Pro to do more frequent water changes

c.) Double-Prime your tank every few days to keep your fish "safe" from the cycle, assuming your levels don't become unsafe

Edited by Chai

It is the 29 gal with one fish, I am also keeping salt at 0.3%  I have been doing daily WC, so do I just add Prazi back in each time I change the water (except for on days that it says not to)?  Just wondering, because with daily WC I am going through A LOT of salt, and will probably be going through a lot of Prazi.

He is about 5 inches long from nose to end of tail.  1/2 full would still be plenty of room for him I think.  Plus it would make my life so much easier!!!  

So was I right about just re-adding the Prazipro with each WC?

Edited by Josie