Moss tree in the oranda tank!

Hi all! just wanted to share this short clip of my young orandas, Cookie (brown) and Kingyo (Red and white) and my start of a planted tank.

I really wanted to do a moss tree but didnt wanna deal with driftwood so on amazon I found this fake tree that is meant to be a moss planter and even came with little fitted nets to keep the moss in place. I just set it up today so not too impressive yet, but we'll see how it goes. :)

Also a bit of anubis nana glued to a rock on the left. Sorry my room lighting sucks! >x( Watch in HD!

I've wanted to make a marimo tree but I know they'll pull it apart on the first day and NOT eat it. I envy your little tree and I hope it gets really fluffy and beautiful. :wub:

Thank

Neat idea! Cookie sure seems to like it   :teehee Cookie swims over by Kingyo and says "Hey come over and try this yum yum tree mom got for us!" LOL :lol

Thank you! :teehee Yes, Cookie is def the more outgoing troublemaker fish of the pair. :rofl

I see they're already munching on that salad display! :rofl

Awesome find. :heart Here's to hoping the piggies don't tear it up!

Thanks. :heart Yes me too! The nets are protecting the moss quite well. At least gold piggies cleaned up the bits of moss that were floating around the tank. :rofl

I've wanted to make a marimo tree but I know they'll pull it apart on the first day and NOT eat it. I envy your little tree and I hope it gets really fluffy and beautiful. :wub:

Oh my. :rofl The little nets really protect the moss well! I'm not sure what will happen when it grows out. :idont   But, thank you! :heart

• 2 weeks later...