Purple Butterfly Telescope Fry

GreenTea

These are purple butterfly telescope fry bred from Dandy Orandas imports, they display the bluebelly scale type - both metallic in the center and nacreous around the edge of the scale. These fish have a beautiful lavender dove gray color. These fish are 3.5 months old, and 7 weeks old, respectively.

3.5 month old fry.

IMG_20150211_103531_171_zps1woaswiv.jpg

IMG_20150211_103626_081-1_zpsshhj4tqd.jp

IMG_20150211_191159_581-1_zpswswcymmh.jp

IMG_20150211_190714_668-1_zps7acaxfvg.jp

IMG_20150211_191334_828_zps6ue9voc3.jpg

IMG_20150211_191329_021_zpssty8dobw.jpg

IMG_20150211_191303_950-1_zps8hpf9j2m.jp

7 week fry. These fish start out light colored and darken with age.

IMG_20150211_191007_260_zpsmbpx4qqw.jpg

IMG_20150211_190859_628_zpswwvl9yiv.jpg

WOW! They're lovely. How about a pic of the parents, so we an see what these little beauties are striving for? (Or point me to a thread with their pics?)

I can link you as I don't know if I'm allowed to link it on here. :hmm

They're gorgeous, you've done a great job with them :)

Aahh! Wow, way to go!!! :lisa:

They're so cute. Well done and congratulations. :clapping:

I can't see the pictures (I'm at work and EVERYTHING is blocked) are they from Ranchu Matt? I just got one of his purples last week!

They are the same! I just got a chance to check the pictures on my phone. Yours seem to be darker than mine (or maybe its the lighting) I hope mine darkens up a bit more.

Hey folks! I'm sorry if my initial post was misleading, just wanted to be clear and say I did not breed these myself and can't take credit :) These are from a friend Matt. He and a few other people have been working with them from the imports. I purchased some to breed this line as well, but I can't take credit for these guys. Thanks for all the sweet comments though. I also love the colors.

Edited by GreenTea

They are adorable!!! :heart

How many are they?

Thank you. Dayla - I have about 35 fry. 9 aged 3.5 months and 25 (I think) aged 7 weeks. Some I will be sending to Canada with a Canadian member so hopefully they'll get a chance to breed them up there. Another few will be going to a butterfly breeder in my area, and I will keep the best 8 or so to create a breeding program around.

They are the same! I just got a chance to check the pictures on my phone. Yours seem to be darker than mine (or maybe its the lighting) I hope mine darkens up a bit more.

They probably are darker. I asked for the darkest fish he had. However, these could just be darker because they were in tanks with more light which he specified. It'll be interesting to learn if the fish that darken the fastest keep the color the best...or just the opposite - If they decolor to white or a lighter color.

Definitely misunderstood. :ignore:rofl

Oh they are too stinkin CUTE!!! What size tank are they in? Just trying to get a gauge on their size. :)

Definitely misunderstood. :ignore:rofl

Oh they are too stinkin CUTE!!! What size tank are they in? Just trying to get a gauge on their size. :)

It's ok, I just wanted to give credit where credit was due :) They are in 40gb tanks for now. I have two more empty 40s, a 30 and a 20 if needed depending on how many I keep. I also have room in my 125 when they are bigger. I see 5 of the larger ones that I really like and a few of the smaller ones, although its still hard to tell because they are so young.