Sign in to follow this  
Kayla102968

Adult fish in the 700 gallon pond

After watching numerous people with their awesome gopro cams...I decided to spend my Christmas amazon money on the entry level gopro.  I really wanted to be able to see my fry in their 300 gallon pond and thought this would be a good way.  Then I decided to check on the adult fish too :).  It was the first time using it, so I kept it still in one place and should have moved it closer to the fish...but at least I get a general idea of how they look.  All 9 of them seem to be doing fine.  The second video is of the 15 fry in the 300 gallon pond.

Edited by Kayla102968

Lookin' good Kayla. I love to see these guys underwater. Beautiful fish.

I didn't realize you had such an enormous pond.  How wonderful. :)  Your fish are all beautiful with their colors and look very large.  Can you still call your fry, fry?  They all look like teens instead. hehe

What lovely happy fishy lives they must lead in all that space. I love your Shubunkins. Want! :teehee    

Love it!  Is that Smudge swimming in the first video?

Lookin' good Kayla. I love to see these guys underwater. Beautiful fish.

Thank you.  I like that I can take a look at them and know they are doing okay :).

I didn't realize you had such an enormous pond.  How wonderful. :)  Your fish are all beautiful with their colors and look very large.  Can you still call your fry, fry?  They all look like teens instead. hehe

Thank you.  I have 3 ponds...a 700 gallon and two 300 gallons...lol.  I'm only using one of the 300 gallons though.  I should probably sell it...but it is nice to have a larger space to isolate one of the fish if I need to for some reason. The babies are teens for sure...I'll probably eventually call them adult fry :).

What lovely happy fishy lives they must lead in all that space. I love your Shubunkins. Want! :teehee    

Thank you.  I enjoy my shubunkins too...they are all so different and many change their colors often.

Love it!  Is that Smudge swimming in the first video?

Yes it is...that's sweet that you noticed her :).  She has a lot of black on her now.  She is doing great.  I was a little concerned about her going through the winter when she had been sick in the late summer...but she has bounced right back.  Thank you :).

Edited by Kayla102968

I remember when she was a little sick.  Great to see her doing so well!

Wow, very nice selection of shubunkins! They were my first love when I started goldfish keeping. Nice job. Great underwater view.

I remember when she was a little sick.  Great to see her doing so well!

Yes, thank you...me too. I never had issues with eggs (or at least impaction) when I had the goldfish in the smaller pond.  I'm not sure what caused the impaction though.

Wow, very nice selection of shubunkins! They were my first love when I started goldfish keeping. Nice job. Great underwater view.

Thank you :).  Your recent gopro video is what made me finally decide to get a gopro so I can keep track of how my fish and fry are doing in the pond.  Your fish are absolutely stunning. 

I have the entry level gopro...can you tell me how I can get rid of the fish eye look?  I tried removing it on the gopro editing program but it still looks fish eye to me :).  Also I have 3 choices of resolution:  1080-30, 720S-60 and 720-60...do you know which is best for the pond viewing?  Thanks...still trying to learn everything :).

Here is my second attempt at the gopro.  I removed the fish eye look, but it still looks curved to me :).  The fish are easier to see in this one I think since I got closer:

I looooove to see GoPro vids!  Congratulations on your new toy, and I hope to see more of your beautiful fish!

Thank you :).  Your recent gopro video is what made me finally decide to get a gopro so I can keep track of how my fish and fry are doing in the pond.  Your fish are absolutely stunning. 

I have the entry level gopro...can you tell me how I can get rid of the fish eye look?  I tried removing it on the gopro editing program but it still looks fish eye to me :).  Also I have 3 choices of resolution:  1080-30, 720S-60 and 720-60...do you know which is best for the pond viewing?  Thanks...still trying to learn everything :).

That's awesome! On my GoPro I have to go to my Resolution first to find which setting is the highest resolution that will allow me to select - narrow in the Field of View option (I flip back and fourth between options). So my camera is set to 1080p / narrow, which got rid of the fish eye look and is what I used to shoot my pond. Still playing around with it. Sorry for delayed response. Hope that helps.

1080p - Highest resolution enhances clarity and detail

to yield stunning results.

720p - Great for handheld shots of others and when

slow motion is desired. Best for capturing

fast-moving objects.

That's awesome! On my GoPro I have to go to my Resolution first to find which setting is the highest resolution that will allow me to select - narrow in the Field of View option (I flip back and fourth between options). So my camera is set to 1080p / narrow, which got rid of the fish eye look and is what I used to shoot my pond. Still playing around with it. Sorry for delayed response. Hope that helps.

1080p - Highest resolution enhances clarity and detail

to yield stunning results.

720p - Great for handheld shots of others and when

slow motion is desired. Best for capturing

fast-moving objects.

Thank you for that information.  Very helpful :).