Tap Parameters

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

PH/GH/KH: 7.6 / 9 Drops / 5 Drops

Test Kit API Drops

Tank Size: 600 Litres

Filtration: 3x Cannister Filters, for a Total of 5,000LPH

Number of Fish Currently 7, Normally 8. At least one will be moving to the pond in a few weeks.Between 11 and 130 Grams

Water Change Schedule: 70-90%, Once Per Week

Last Water Change: 9 Days ago (eep I forgot water change day O_O) 80% (Doing water change now) (also have set alarm on my phone so I wont forget again :P

Water Additives: Prime, Flourish for the Anubias

Medication History:

Whole tank Salted and Dosed with Prazi 4 Months ago.

Last Year, Bamboo had a problem with his nostril, where it swelled up and was red, it took quite a while to get it under control and fixed, using Salt and Tri Sulfa.

A few months ago he had that problem again, but it came good within a few days with just salt.

Two weeks ago, Bamboo had a constipation issue.He couldn't control how he was swimming, was bent around and spent most of the day floating upside down. He came good after a day in epsom salt at 1/4 teaspoon per 10g. After being in the epsom Salt I noticed some tears and black marks in his fins, but thought it was a reaction to the epsom as other fish of mine have got black marks after been in epsom and Bamboo is quite sensitive. 

Two days after that, when he was back in the main tank I noticed a little bump on his head, it was really tiny and it looked like a pimple. I added salt to the tank (0.1%) seeing if it would help the bump and his tears on his tail. The bump went away, though his tail stayed the same.

TODAY his tail is still the same, but he has a bulge on his head that is red and black. He is acting normally.

FAP6BfE.jpg

n84e7bF.jpg

3UK50gq.jpg

1zLEE6k.jpg

Edited by FishyMandy

• Supporter

it looks to me like ammonia burns. bamboo is quite transparent in that area, i feel that the blackness is signs of healing from previous ammonia or other toxins that may have been present. everything shows more on a white/matte coloured fish. as for the bump, it too looks like fluid retention. i would look at using epsom again and doing daily waterchanges until the bump is gone.

the black will sort itself out with the increased waterchanges.

• Supporter

it looks to me like ammonia burns. bamboo is quite transparent in that area, i feel that the blackness is signs of healing from previous ammonia or other toxins that may have been present. everything shows more on a white/matte coloured fish. as for the bump, it too looks like fluid retention. i would look at using epsom again and doing daily waterchanges until the bump is gone.

the black will sort itself out with the increased waterchanges.

Thanks Helen :):) ...I wonder if the ammonia built up too much when he was in the unfiltered tub with the epsom before. I did daily water changes then though and he was only in there for two days but it was a smaller tub than I'd normally use for QTing..gah feel bad now lol..Would the healing marks be showing around more around this time frame then?

I will get him into a (bigger) tub with some Epsom again. :)