Wrong size tank delivered-- Total waste of an entire day!

cmclien

So I was all excited to meet the truck to pick up my 27Long today.

Friday: Ran 25 gallons of water through my nitrate filter into a bin to aerate and heat for 24hrs.

Saturday: Trying to save a little time later in the day, I pumped the 20L into the 10g for the day.  Cleaned the plants and filters, move the fish (minnows and goldfish),wiped down the 20l with vinegar and water, put it away.

Go to meet truck at 3pm.  Driver not there, he went to the wrong stop. :madrant  

Go home.  Come back an hour later.

Get tank, I thought it looked small but then I thought must just be because we're outside.....

Get home, take tank upstairs.........its a 20Long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes  It even said the correct dimensions and I paid for a 27Long.  put tank in garage, call company.

Get old 20L out of closet, pump bin of water into it, move fish, filters, lights and decorations.

pump old 10g into sink, clean it all up.

Totally sucked and wasted my day.  I'm pooped out. :yawn

I think when they call me Monday I'll just order a 30b which I was contemplating since I ordered the 27.

Edited by CindiL

• Supporter

Argh such a pain!

When my tank was meant to be delivered they changed the day and didn't tell me until an hour before it was due to arrive x.x So I had torn down my 4ft and had the space clear and my 6 goldies in a 10g tank...it was such a pain

U-oh! I remember when my tank was delivered and how excited I was...if it had been the wrong one I think I would have gone into melt-down :madrant  :krazy:   and that's without all the messing around with other tanks. :wacko:

Hope you get your hands on your 27 long soon. :hug

I emailed them and told them since they have to make another tank they might as well just make a 30 breeder.  If they don't want to ship it to me then they can refund and I can buy those locally.  Still feeling really annoyed as I will have to do it all over again.

Edited by CindiL

Well a 30 breeder would be good too If they let you have it reordered in that size. It would be not too big and not too small ;)

But GRRRRR for them not getting it correct in the first place :sick

What a PITA! I'm sorry they sent the wrong size tank, I can imagine your frustration. I hope they get back to you asap about making and sending you a 30b :hug

Edited by Lis.

What a drag. :madrant Ughh! :( 

I'm sorry you went through all that work and emotions.  That would have been frustrating and tiring. 

On a good note:  You can look forward to your new 30b tank now.

What a drag. :madrant Ughh! :(

I'm sorry you went through all that work and emotions.  That would have been frustrating and tiring. 

On a good note:  You can look forward to your new 30b tank now.

Thanks!  I'm hoping they just give me a refund because a local pet store has the 33breeder which holds about 33gallons.  It will be a good compromise :)

I called them and they said they will refund my money when I meet the truck and give back the 20l in a few weeks.

So I stopped at the petstore and picked up a 30b.  I really like that its shorter so I don't have to get on a step stool to do maintenance on my filters!

So yesterday did it all again, drained the 20l, put the minnows and water in the 10g, currently rinsing sand in the 30, and will add water and fish by Friday.

Edited by CindiL