Subscribers ONLY! Shirt or Book Give Away

koko

Just finished a season of American Horror Story. :yikes

Which one?

I finished season 3 a few weeks ago.

Season 1! I watched season 3 first because me friends had told me about it and it was my favorite!

I'm staring Asylum next. :nana

3rd was fun to watch for me too.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a word of the day in my email. :teehee

"What's the Good Word?" from alphaDictionary.com February 7, 2015

Apotheosis

Meaning: 1. Glorification, exaltation to the rank of a god, deification. 2. Someone or something that has been so deified or glorified.

In Play: Keep in mind that this word generally refers to the process of elevating someone to godhood: "I left Creighton Barrel's party last night when the afterdinner dissertation turned into an apotheosis of Creighton's elder son, now a Whitehouse intern." Be careful not to use it as a synonym of epitome but to denote someone who has been glorified to the point of being a god: "Martin Luther King became the apotheosis of the civil rights movement before his assassination in 1968."

Edited by Chai

Helping jenny with her dinosaur project. :teehee

I got frustrated, so it's dad's turn. :rofl

:hide:

I will probably have to take a computer course again by that time, what little knowledge i have will be useless. :rofl

Just went to the bird store with Mike :nana I don't think he was impressed :kickbutt

BUT, did he hate it? If not, you might still have a chance.;)
No, I say he was taking it in and a bit stunned :o

We made a pinkie swear (ridiculous I know) this morning. I vowed that the bird would be the last animal I brought into the house *sigh* and he vowed that we can get a bird.... Eventually :nana:happydance:Jig:

I just don't understand why he must marinate in the idea of owning a bird for so long!

He's driving me crazy :madrant

Edited by Flipper

I know I wouldn't want a bird based on what I know and have heard of them. They are smelly, and loud and need a great deal of space and attention. This is just what I know of them based purely on hearsay and my own uninformed opinion. i know that it's probably not true, but I would be hard to convince to bring one in the house. I love feeding them and looking at them in the yard, but it ends there for me.

Maybe that is what is going on in Mike's head :idont

Don't talk to Mike :wa

They don't smell...... Unless you let their droppings and foot rot for days, or longer.

And to each their own, unless you're my husband! Then you WILL have a parrot!!! :tantrum

Ha, I promise I won't talk to him. I was just putting it out there what would be going through my head. I am very uninformed about birds. I was saying that maybe you just need to show him the many good stories of owning a bird to help him make his decision sooner. Maybe he only knows the bad things about them.

• Supporter

Birds. If its a red canary or dove I might be enclined to say yes. A parrot :yikes:no: but that said there is only one animal on earth im afraid of just be looking at it and thats a parrot. They are evil things that fly over and attack you cutting open your flesh with their sharp can opener like beak just because you walk into a room. And if you try and run away they latch onto your back with their sharp claws and then start bitie you there.

At least that was my experience as a kid.

Edited by Daniel E.

Birds. If its a red canary or dove I might be enclined to say yes. A parrot :yikes:no: but that said there is only one animal on earth im afraid of just be looking at it and thats a parrot. They are evil things that fly over and attack you cutting open your flesh with their sharp can opener like beak just because you walk into a room. And if you try and run away they latch onto your back with their sharp claws and then start bitie you there.

:yikes  Exactly how I feel...even though that never happened to me.

Honestly, I feel the same about most cats. There are some that I like, but most I expect to turn into the Antichrist while I am holding them.

Edited by hperry36

Pretty sure bulldog owners are swiping all their pets' names from kokos! :rofl

Aubrey has been one for a while, I've seen a Dually, but now there is also a Tallulah!! :rofl

We have a Mr B, and the newest I've seen is Mochi! :o:teehee

Aaand now i forget the rest :ignore

Pretty sure bulldog owners are swiping all their pets' names from kokos! :rofl

Aubrey has been one for a while, I've seen a Dually, but now there is also a Tallulah!! :rofl

We have a Mr B, and the newest I've seen is Mochi! :o:teehee

Aaand now i forget the rest :ignore

At work, there are a lot of times we can tell what type of dog it is just by the name. Lucy is usually a lab. Blue is either a heeler or a pit. Taco, usually a Chihuahua. Zeus could either be a pit, Rottie, or Dobie. Boscoe is almost always a Bulldog. There are definitely name trends with dogs.

I'm sure you see plenty of Winston bulldogs. Sometimes i think i would've given Winslow a different name if given a second chance - everyone calls him Winston! :rofl

I'm sure you see plenty of Winston bulldogs. Sometimes i think i would've given Winslow a different name if given a second chance - everyone calls him Winston! :rofl

There are a couple. A couple of pits with the name as well.

[emoji14]an :no: not true!