Sign in to follow this  
Acro

What do you think of this?

Every now and then I like to post thought provoking images or links.  What do you think of this:  ROBO Snail! 

http://robosnail.com/

I would say it could be dangerous as if the magnet inside the aquarium fell and you weren't there it could easily squish a fish but it is quite awesome IMO :)

I would not worry about it squishing a fish and i also would not allow that on a tank in my home.

I would be concerned that it might:

1) Injure a fish

2) Catch a piece (or pieces) of sand and scratch the glass.

That's a very clever idea. It's a gimmick, but still. I'd get a huge kick out of one of those if I had a display tank.

I would not worry about it squishing a fish and i also would not allow that on a tank in my home.

A magnetic glass cleaner? Man, I don't know how I'd live without them sometimes. They're pretty nice for deep tanks or ones with objects/plants close to the glass.

That's a very clever idea. It's a gimmick, but still. I'd get a huge kick out of one of those if I had a display tank.

A magnetic glass cleaner? Man, I don't know how I'd live without them sometimes. They're pretty nice for deep tanks or ones with objects/plants close to the glass.

I don't have a problem with a magnetic glass cleaner. Just that particular one. It's ugly. Now if I had 50 tanks that needed the glass cleaned, I'd probably consider it to save me some time.

Also, I have never cleaned the glass on any of my aquariums and they stay very clear.

I would be concerned that it might:

1) Injure a fish

2) Catch a piece (or pieces) of sand and scratch the glass.

Oh I would be so upset if my glass got all scratched. I wonder how many psi that thing would have to apply to scratch the glass...???

I scratched the glass on my brand new 38 gallon with my hand held Aqueon magnet cleaner and was so upset.  A piece of sand got caught between the cleaner and the glass.  So, now I have Pleco glass cleaners :rofl

Hmmmm  :interesting:

I'd try it!

i like it

If I had one It wouldn't be in the tank at all times though just for an hour or so once a day

And did anyone check the price tag?

Would you spend the $199.99 or $249.99 to have one? 

I think it's hilarious and rather neat, but wouldn't buy one for $30, let alone $250.

They should have made it a little rounder and added feelers and a shell :teehee

My tank is too little to ever consider such a bulky thing

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Seriously, though, cleaning by hand keeps me honest: I can't ignore maintenance, and am 'encouraged' to keep it he water quality high.

I actually saw a demo of this in person a few days ago and its pretty awesome!  Its HUGE and obviously expensive so not something I'd get, but I could see it being a big help in a business office tank or something that might not have anyone willing to clean it until the hired company shows up.