Sign in to follow this  
Jesilyn Jimenez

Meet Mocha

Hello everyone! Just wanted to show y'all my new baby. His/her name is Mocha. It's a chocolate oranda. It was in PetSmart for almost 3 months. It sort of has an ugly face, so my guess is that nobody wanted the fish because of that. I felt sorry and ended up buying the little fella. I did qt him, but he finally joined my gang last week. So... Here's Mocha!

d4eb185e5b07316af02493b39e6c4f76.jpg

9f3ab1286022fd4f2e444b67e2296242.jpg

Edited by Jesilyn

s/he doesn't have an ugly face :SmackBottom: they are gorgeous :)

Lol Mocha is a bit odd looking. I think it is because it is a younger oranda. Most of the ones they had there were bigger, with larger wens, so it was not a fair competition for the little fella! I just felt so sorry for it, I ended up buying it. Compared to the other orandas available and ti the rest of my gang... He does have an ugly face lol but I am sure that as it fattens up it will change

s/he doesn't have an ugly face :SmackBottom: they are gorgeous :)

Lol Mocha is a bit odd looking. I think it is because it is a younger oranda. Most of the ones they had there were bigger, with larger wens, so it was not a fair competition for the little fella! I just felt so sorry for it, I ended up buying it. Compared to the other orandas available and ti the rest of my gang... He does have an ugly face lol but I am sure that as it fattens up it will change

Lol if you think he has an ugly face compared to your gang then maybe he does or maybe you still haven't grown used to his 'complexion' lol :lol: 

I don't find his face ugly in the least. Adorable little purple baby! (At least that's how the photos look. 'Purple' color is hard to come by, so congratulations!)

I don't find his face ugly in the least. Adorable little purple baby! (At least that's how the photos look. 'Purple' color is hard to come by, so congratulations!)

Wow!! I did not know that!! They just told me he is a chocolate oranda! That is way too cool. Do they stay this color?

I think the little baby is cute ;)

Mocha looks a little bit....angry? :teehee 

:Congrats:

I recently almost did the same thing. Every time I went to Petsmart to get crickets, there was this pretty Lemonhead oranda. I couldn't believe it didn't sell. The more time passed, I felt so bad for him/her. The last time we went, I decided that I would get him, if he was still there. (There was a Petco dpg sale going on after all) But, alas, he was gone. I didn't know if I should be happy/relieved or sad. :whistle

Young fish always look awkward and silly. :rofl

Very cute fish, congrats!!!!! :hug

:hi I just realized, you're orandamama in onstagram :) I'm Mikey__319 love your fish :heart:wub: Edited by Mikey

I am 95% positive Mocha is a female :)

It's so cute! I have to say, from the side, it does look a bit like a duck face to me...which I think is cute as can be! I want one now.

Oh hey Mikey!! Hey that's me lol I also think it is a she... With a tank full of guys! Oh I feel sorry for her lol and thank you everyone. Yeah she is young and awkward looking right now, I am sure that'll change.

Lovely fish! :) I have one that looks alike :)

Do you have pics?! I would love to see what yours looks like

Wow!! I did not know that!! They just told me he is a chocolate oranda! That is way too cool. Do they stay this color?

Sometimes they do, sometimes they turn orange. If you give him access to sunlight, though, he should darken up a fair amount. :) 

Chocolate is a much duller brown. Purple, by chinese standards, is what you have. Definitely.

:teehee I think Mocha is very cute :heart

:Congrats:

Do you have pics?! I would love to see what yours looks like

This is my Charlie :)

20EF9ECC-02D8-492A-A978-B1E33513A8A1_zps

9ACAB01F-6F0F-48B8-A775-00FDBEA23C2F_zps

Charlie is chocolate turning orange :)

Congratulations on your fish.   Mocha is adorable.

I like it.

I recognize this lil' guy from Instagram! :teehee

He's adorable, :Congrats: !