Sign in to follow this  
fantailfan1

Update January 23, 2015 (pic heavy)

Yesterday was Waldo's 1 year birthday so I thought I would do an update!!  :happyb

I am going to go largest to smallest, saving the birthday fish for last.  :teehee

Here's Saki.  I got Saki from Jared in April 2014.  She is the sweetest, derpiest fish I have.  :teehee

Last weigh in (November 21, 2014) Saki was 135 g.  Today she is 138 g (up 2.2%).

ec587dbf-dc48-4ae3-9824-bd214f87579f_zps

We got Bobbie in June 2012.  She is Waldo's mom.  :D  November 21, 2014 she weighed 111 g.  Today she is 122 g (up 9.9%).  She was solid orange until recently.  Swimmie told her whites have more fun.  :tomuch:  She's working on it. 

3e04f006-414c-4507-9672-140887f2a32f_zps

Waddles came to us via UPS :rofl in July 2013.  He is soooo :ehh  :rofl3  Last weigh in he was 80 g and today he is 82 g (up 2.5%, most of which is probably sand :bat:  :rofl ).

f25efed8-251a-4d3f-b227-b55e84714300_zps

Swimmie is our oldest fish that we have right now.  We got her August-ish 2009.  She was all orange for several years and turned all white about a year ago.  :teehee  She was 74 g at the November weigh in and is 78 g today (up 5.4%).  Catching up to Waddles.  :D  This is a super funky pic of her.  :o  Alyssa took the pics and only took one of Swimmie so no other pics to choose from.  :idont

04f46fde-adf8-41fc-aeed-65356084cc80_zps

Peanut is next.  Peanut is taking his name literally and staying peanut sized.  We got him in June 2013 and he weighed 3-4 g.  In November he was 19.4 g and today he is a whopping 20.2 g (up 4.1%)!!  :flex:

b62ee3c0-33e6-42db-a6ff-92ff4b19dd46_zps

Last but not least, the birthday fish!!  :lisa:  Waldo (who I have very strong suspicions is female :teehee ) was "born" January 21, 2014 and was my sole fry that hatched.  :lol2  In August, he weighed 28 g.  In November he was up to 43.2 g and today he is 52.9 g (up 22.4%).  :rockon  I just love him and his white tipped tail.  :teehee

06ed7da2-4f63-46c5-9968-988ff05292de_zps

And another of the birthday fish

87d715d9-625c-4321-839b-fe3dbaf1965c_zps

Thanks for looking.  :D

They all look GORGEOUS!!!!! Happy Birthday Waldo!!!!!

aahhhh! :lisa:

They are all so fantastic! Waddles' face is just :wub: and Waldo is a really handso.... pretty :teehee fish!

Happy birthday to hiimmmm! :nana :nana :tbanana

and.. omg. I just realized the girls' bday is coming in a few months. In no way will they weigh 52g, probably not even in combined weight. :rofl3

They look great! My tank doesn't look complete without Saki and Waddles :whistle:

They look amazing, Lisa!!! :heart :heart such nice deep reds!!! :wub:

Your fish look so wonderful!

Happy Birthday Waldo :D

DSCN1471.jpg

Lisa! I can't believe how they've all grown! Congratulations to you, master fishkeeper!

Lisa! I can't believe how they've all grown! Congratulations to you, master fishkeeper!

omg hi!!!!!!

Googs wanted me to wish Waldo a very happy bubbly birthday :nana

(I think he's also taken a fancy to Swimmie ;) )

Great update :Jig: love all the pics! Missing the waddles rug though :o

Happy birthday :rockon

:happyb

Edit: my brain hurts from your percentage calculations :lol2

Edited by Flipper

:rofl  I need to do a tank update with the fish in their actual home instead of looking freaked out in my hand.  :rofl  I'll add the Waddles rug to that one.  :hi5

They look great Lisa.

Happy birthday Waldo!!  :happyb

They all look fab, Saki and Waddles are just adorable.

Happy birthday Waldo!! They're absolutely beautiful Lisa. :heart

Remember when you were ready to tear down the tank, when you couldn't find him?  Aren't you glad that you listened when I told you to just wait a few days? :D

Happy birthday, little guy! :heart  They all look amazing!

Happy birthday Waldo!!! Your fish are so pretty - and those ranchus are such cuties!!!  :wub:

Lisa, it's funny in these pictures, Saki and Waddles look like brother and sister.  Their body shape, fins, eyes and everything.  I didn't have them here at the same time, but I bet they are from the same parents :)

Beautiful fish Lisa! and biggies too!!!

Thanks everyone!!  They are being treated with a round of birthday prazi.  :rofl2

Lisa, it's funny in these pictures, Saki and Waddles look like brother and sister.  Their body shape, fins, eyes and everything.  I didn't have them here at the same time, but I bet they are from the same parents :)

I think they might be!! The are sooooo similarly shaped it's crazy.  The main difference is Saki is smart enough not to eat all the sand.  :rofl3