Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Tiny little guys

These pictures are already some weeks old, but these are the current fry.

I lost three over time, not sure what to, but the rest seems to be doing well. Some of them are so massive compared to the others, it's ridiculous!

As of now, the single fancy fry (lionhead-ish) is the smallest of the batch.
Most of them seem to be nymph-ish. Long-bodies single tails with a fatter belly than regular single tails. Not like Tomasabas, but I can clearly tell the difference between the ones that turned out like normal single tail fry and the ones that show fancy bellies.

My favorite fry (see picture descriptions) is the biggest of the batch. Somehow I feel like keeping the little fancy one as the second choice along with my fave, simply because I feel so protective of the tiny baby. 

But we will see.

Everyone else will be rehomed once spring comes around. Here in South Carolina a lot of people have ponds year round, and every spring there are many ads on craigslist by people looking for free goldfish for their ponds. Of course I'd make sure the new home would be legitimate and all.

In the "worst case" there also is Glencairn Gardens right here in town, which has a MASSIVE (thousands of gallons) goldfish pond full of gorgeous green water during at least half of the year. They also have a couple HUGE koi in there, one of them is about two feet long. No joke. 
If nothing else, I'd rehome the goldfish into that pond. Probably a better chance than they'd have if I'd give them to an LFS, where they'd probably end up as live food or in some overstocked, undersized, under-maintained newbie-tank.

So yeah, here are the kids!

Random pics. 
The one in the first pic to the left is my "favorite" out of the batch.
DSC_0187_zpsbb2177bc.jpg

DSC_0198_zps84fadcb4.jpg
DSC_0240_zps9becc852.jpg

DSC_0245_zps7fb4faec.jpg

DSC_0248_zpsc245c4da.jpg
DSC_0263_zpsf3f3ab99.jpg

DSC_0276_zps076e59e3.jpg

DSC_0277_zps72d19ac0.jpg

DSC_0287_zpse1a94749.jpg

The one nearest to the bottom is my favorite. By now, he is SOOOO much bigger than in this photo and is larger than any of the others. S/he has developed a cute black spot on top of  his head and at the bas of the tail. His left eye is silver, the right eye is a big black button eye.
DSC_0295_zps52b262bb.jpg

The single fancy baby. The back is very straight
DSC_0216_zps882cc2a1.jpg

DSC_0265_zps961428d4.jpg

With some of the big guys in the background. Considered the perspective makes the fish in the foreground bigger than they are, you can imagine just how teeny they were when I took the photos
DSC_0309_zps0b533281.jpg

DSC_0313_zps94558fc8.jpg

Awww so adorable! Cute and tiny in the pictures :) They look so transparent, they look like the glass fish that I saw in the pet store.

They look great.

They look great, Fang!

Awww so adorable! Cute and tiny in the pictures :) They look so transparent, they look like the glass fish that I saw in the pet store.

They are adorable!!!!

So cute :)

They look great.

Thanks, guys!

I also want to put out there that if anyone in the area-ish wants a free goldfish this spring, feel free to send me a message. I have to rehome at least ten of these guys, and I'm willing to take a drive if it ensures the fish going to a good home! :D

Although I know the chances are super slim; there aren't many Carolinas members on here.

:heart sweet little babies Fang :)

They're sooooo cute. Congrats and good luck with them Fang!

Such cute little babies! :wub:

Looks like you're doing a great job of looking after them :)