Sign in to follow this  
Fish Of Gold

Surprize! I got a new Goldie! The story behind it. *Pic Heavy*

Did you and Cindi take pictures?   That is always fun to do when we meet friends from our forums!

Love the fish!  Perfect name :)

Nope we didn't get any pictures :( I was thinking of bringing my camera but didn't know if it would be too awkward the first time we met I don't know. :idont  I was even thinking of taking my cat on the trip because she enjoys car rides LOL But Cindi's doggie might not have liked that :lol

Would you believe he started out dark blue :o

Thank you!! :)

Would you believe he started out dark blue :o

Thank you!! :)

Ooooh dark blue?! :interesting:  But so cute no matter the color :D

He's beautiful and I feel good knowing the tank went to someone who will take really good care of her sweet goldies!  :goldfish:

My new 27long tank will be coming in a week or two and it will be years before I live in another house where I have good enough water to have a 40 again so better to let someone have it who will use it instead of sticking it in my basement for the next 5 years!!!

Looking forward to seeing icicle grow!

It didn't even occur to me to take pics! ha ha  :teehee

Edited by CindiL

He's beautiful and I feel good knowing the tank went to someone who will take really good care of her sweet goldies!  :goldfish:

My new 27long tank will be coming in a week or two and it will be years before I live in another house where I have good enough water to have a 40 again so better to let someone have it who will use it instead of sticking it in my basement for the next 5 years!!!

Looking forward to seeing icicle grow!

It didn't even occur to me to take pics! ha ha  :teehee

Thank you very much! She is the goldfish I told you about when I was there. :D

When you get your tank, please post pics of it! It sounds so interesting because of the dimensions of it ;) I used to have a big old 55 gallon in storage that I stopped using because it had a chunk out of one corner but still water tight but I didn't trust it or even have the room at one of my old places I was renting. So it sat there for many years before I gave it away after I moved my things out of that storage unit.

Yeah and it will be little Icicle that will be moving into the tank you gave me :happydance She sure will have so much space to grow up in! :thumb:

It's OK we didn't get a chance to get pictures. I was going to ask if I could just take a peek at your fishies but then your Pizza delivery just came and all that but oh well, just post more pics here on koko's when you can in the near future :teehee

Thats ok because you wouldn't have seen anything but my one last fish upside down on the bottom of the tank :( where she's mostly been the last couple of weeks.  My 6 minnows are in quarantine.  So eventually it will just be the one goldie and the 6 minnows in the 27g tank.  My husband wanted me to give up the hobby because of the water issues and then the swim bladder issues but I just can't  :no: I at least have to have one!  And the minnows are fun to watch.

If I lose her I'm going to get a common, maybe a shubunkin, though with a longer tail like a common, not sure what thats called.....I think thats an American Shubunkin vs a Bristol perhaps.

Edited by CindiL

Thats ok because you wouldn't have seen anything but my one last fish upside down on the bottom of the tank :( where she's mostly been the last couple of weeks.  My 6 minnows are in quarantine.  So eventually it will just be the one goldie and the 6 minnows in the 27g tank.  My husband wanted me to give up the hobby because of the water issues and then the swim bladder issues but I just can't  :no: I at least have to have one!  And the minnows are fun to watch.

If I lose her I'm going to get a common, maybe a shubunkin, though with a longer tail like a common, not sure what thats called.....I think thats an American Shubunkin vs a Bristol perhaps.

I wanted just 1 goldfish when I first got Dreamsicle but then now look, I have 4 :teehee That is too bad that your water is so out of whack for fish. In the apartment that we moved out of last September, had bad water and we bought an on the faucet filter unit. It helped but not as well as I thought it would. For a while we bought gallon jugs of Spring water for the WC's on the smaller tanks but that was only a short time because we moved to where we are now. We lived in that apartment for 2 years trying to get the water right for our then, 8 tanks! Water is SO much better here, but now we only have 6 tanks and a hospital/quarantine tank......so far :whistle  Some day I'd like to get a 75 gallon tank so the goldfish can live all together in one tank. That wouldn't be for a while though that is for sure! :rolleyes:  I love watching my White Clouds too, they are energetic and colorful as well. :wub:

:heart Icicle is precious! And soooo tiny! Squeeee!

Congrats on the tank deal with the fellow kokonut! :Jig:

For you, Aubrey! squee.gif:teehee 

What a cutie Icicle is! :wub: 

That is what I said too when I first saw her in the store *Squeeee!* :teehee

Thank you! :D

For you, Aubrey! squee.gif:teehee 

What a cutie Icicle is! :wub: 

Thank you!! :D

That Squee emoticon is cute :)

I loved reading your story about how you got your new fish and tank.  How awesome of Cindi to give her 40b to you.  Sounds like your Fiancée loves fish also or you might not have even bought Icicle. hehe 

Icicle is a beautiful white fish.  She'll look great with your others.

I loved reading your story about how you got your new fish and tank.  How awesome of Cindi to give her 40b to you.  Sounds like your Fiancée loves fish also or you might not have even bought Icicle. hehe 

Icicle is a beautiful white fish.  She'll look great with your others.

Thanks!! Funny thing is that I bought a 5 gallon tank for my Fiancé for Christmas 3 years ago. I had him pick out all his own stuff for it after Christmas, and I paid for everything. He chose a pink snail decoration, a bridge and some little plastic plants and red gravel :teehee We let it cycle then I told him what fish could live it in. He wanted Zebra Danios so we got 3 of them. He was all into the hobby for about 2 months then he stopped cleaning the tank and water, never remembered to feed them everyday.....So I took the fish and added them to my 30 gallon 3 years ago.

I guess he likes the fish just as long as I do all the main work LOL. :P  He will help me do WC's by bringing me the buckets and water changer hoses and will dump out the dirty water. He doesn't pay too much attention to the Tropicals or the Bettas but I catch him watching the Goldfish A LOT! :teehee Hmmm he loves dogs so I guess he is falling in love with my "Water Puppies" :lol