Sign in to follow this  
Fish Of Gold

Surprize! I got a new Goldie! The story behind it. *Pic Heavy*

My Fiancé talked me into buying this pretty goldfish that I saw in PetSmart a few days ago on January 17th. I was willing to walk away and forget the whole idea of getting another fish but I told him I have been wanting a white goldfish so he practically wouldn't let me leave the fish isle till I agreed to get her. Besides the goldfish were on sale that day so I only paid $2.39 for her :D

Then we discussed buying a new tank and was thinking of buying the last 40 gallon breeder over at Petco but then you also have to buy a filter, glass hood, light strip etc. We were pretty much broke from all the after Christmas Bills that came in now that it is January. :doh11:  and so I remembered CindiL had a 40B for sale. So we discussed it with each other and contacted CindiL and she graciously offered it to us for free! :Jig:  :thanks  So my Fiancé and I took a nice long, couple of hours drive up to Wisconsin from Illinois to pick it up :gcar:  I was very excited to meet a fellow Kokonut in person! :D Cindi is SO very nice and so is her husband who helped my Fiancé get the tank in the vehicle safely. You would be lucky to meet them some day, they are absolutely great people! :exactly

So now that I have the 40B, glass hood, and strip light from CindiL, and a new Goldfish in Quarantine for a month I can show you a few pictures. We need to modify the 20 gallon long's cinder block stand to be bigger to fit the 40 gallon still, but we got the supplies. Then we will get the aquarium background and a heater, another filter, (We will use the one running on the 20 right now to help cycle the 40) Might get sand, but maybe will go bare bottom, don't know yet :hummm  plants and whatever else we think of in the beginning of February.

Here is the tank. I had to take the light and the glass cover off so the cat wouldn't get on top of the tank and break it. Her thing is to always jump into anything new to explore it.

101_3808.jpg

See Cindi? I told you she would jump in the tank like I said she would. LOL :rofl

101_3809.jpg

Now for my new little tiny Fantail goldfish! (I am just guessing she is a female) :idont  I named her Icicle because she is all white (But may change color later I have no idea) She has a little bit or Orange color in her eyes. Of course it goes with my "cicle" theme. I already had her name picked out in case I ever got a white goldie. :P  (Now I just need a Black Moor to name Fudgesicle   ;)  LOL)

101_3817.jpg

101_38222.jpg

101_38162.jpg

101_38252.jpg

101_38242.jpg

101_38232.jpg

She is really tiny! She is smaller than my other goldies when I first brought them home!

Weight: 1.8 grams (I weighed her 4 times, yes this is her correct weight :yikes  )

Length without tail: 1 inch long

Keep tuned into my Blog "Fish Of Gold's Goldfish Journal" for more updates and pictures!

OH ya I would had to bring that fish home too.  Gratz on the new tank.

Congratulations on the new tank and fish! :D

She's adorable!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Thank You! :) I love her already :wub:

OH ya I would had to bring that fish home too.  Gratz on the new tank.

Thanks! She was in a tank full of all orange goldfish and just stood out so pretty!

Congratulations on the new tank and fish! :D

Thank you very much! :)

Grats!!

Thanks! :)

Aww, she's so adorable and tiny.  :wub:  I love the -iscle name theme you have going! 

Aww, she's so adorable and tiny.  :wub:  I love the -iscle name theme you have going! 

Oh good, you found my post. I was just about to send you the link :teehee

Thanks! She is so microscopic! :rofl I never had a Goldie as small as her. :heart

She really is a cutie!!! Congrats on your new tank and fish! Looking forward to updates and pics!!!

Thanks! :D I'll definitely do more updates ;)

Congrats!!! So pretty! :)

What a cutie! I can't believe she's that tiny. It makes her that much cuter.

Congrats!!! So pretty! :)

Thank You! I'm hoping she stays this pretty white, but you never know. :teehee

Thanks! :D Yeah I only seen one other tiny goldfish like that in the store before. I was when I just bought Popsicle, there was another telescope goldfish that I wanted to buy if it was still there the next time I went there, but sadly a week later when I went and checked the stores tank it was dead and sucked onto the filter :( That fish was just a bit bigger than Icicle but still pretty small.

Thanks! :D Yeah I only seen one other tiny goldfish like that in the store before. I was when I just bought Popsicle, there was another telescope goldfish that I wanted to buy if it was still there the next time I went there, but sadly a week later when I went and checked the stores tank it was dead and sucked onto the filter :( That fish was just a bit bigger than Icicle but still pretty small.

I'm planning on getting small fish, but I kind of doubt I'll see any that small.

I wonder if she will always be petite or if she'll catch up.

Congratz what a cutie that is hope her quarantine goes smoothly :)

Edited by goldfishfanforever

What a great fish, and I like the name.

Congratulations.

:nana  Congrats on the new tank!!  I'm so glad that worked out.  And how fun that you got to meet Cindi as well!!  :nana

I absolutely love love love your new fantail!!  She reminds me of my Swimmie.  Except my Swimmie is not 1.8 g.  :rofl3  But she is a white fantail with some orange around her eyes.  :heart

Can't wait to watch your little one grow!  :lisa:

I'm planning on getting small fish, but I kind of doubt I'll see any that small.

I wonder if she will always be petite or if she'll catch up.

Well you never know, hope you find a fish you like :)

Yeah I wonder that too. But maybe with a variety of good food and a lot of good water and water changes she will grow well. ;)

Congratz what a cutie that is hope her quarantine goes smoothly :)

Thank you very much! I hope quarantine goes smoothly too. :D

What a great fish, and I like the name.

Congratulations.

Thanks very much! :)

:nana  Congrats on the new tank!!  I'm so glad that worked out.  And how fun that you got to meet Cindi as well!!  :nana

I absolutely love love love your new fantail!!  She reminds me of my Swimmie.  Except my Swimmie is not 1.8 g.  :rofl3  But she is a white fantail with some orange around her eyes.  :heart

Can't wait to watch your little one grow!  :lisa:

Ran out of "Likes" for today LOL But yeah, Thank You! Yep Cindi is awesome :D Wouldn't be cool if we had a Koko's Meet and Greet sometime to meet a lot of the Koko's members? :Jig:

Oh cool! Do you have a picture that you can show me of Swimmie?

:teehee  Do I have a pic of Swimmie?  But of course.  :teehee  She is over 5 years old and when I got her she was all orange.  She turned white a little over a year ago.  :heart  This pic is a little old.  She is now 74 g.

DSC_6080_zpsfdb732a3.jpg

She was all white but because of the foods I feed her head and fins have turned yellow.  :D

Congrats FOG :nana what an adorable fantail!!! :heart

Icicle! Such a great name for her, given your naming theme. What a cutie. Good luck with the QT.

Did you and Cindi take pictures?   That is always fun to do when we meet friends from our forums!

Love the fish!  Perfect name :)

:teehee  Do I have a pic of Swimmie?  But of course.  :teehee  She is over 5 years old and when I got her she was all orange.  She turned white a little over a year ago.  :heart  This pic is a little old.  She is now 74 g.

DSC_6080_zpsfdb732a3.jpg

She was all white but because of the foods I feed her head and fins have turned yellow.  :D

Oh wow! From orange to white to yellow and white. Sure is a very pretty goldfish! And 74 grams? All 4 of my fish don't add up to that yet :teehee What foods do you feed that has changed her coloring?

Congrats FOG :nana what an adorable fantail!!! :heart

Thanks so much! :D I was hoping for an all white, or near all white Tele but she is too cute to resist after all. Hmmmm you can give borrow me your little Tele from your avatar to be friends with my Icicle! :lol2  :whistle  LOL! Just kidding, I couldn't separate your goldie from it's beloved anubias :teehee Such a cute picture by the way ;)

Icicle! Such a great name for her, given your naming theme. What a cutie. Good luck with the QT.

Thank You! Yeah seeing she is all white, and oh yeah it is still Winter too after all :teehee