Sign in to follow this  
FishyMandy

My New Additions

So, for the longest time people have been telling me two get a couple of bristlenose plecs to help control the alage in my tank...I was worried about the stocking, but after monitering for a while and realizing my nitrates stay within a good range as long as I don't slack on water changes, and advice from a few people here, I decided to go ahead and get some :D

But I didn't want the common, brown ones. I wanted something different.

SO I drove (well my dad drove me XD) to my favourite fish shop, (About an hour and a half away!) and bought two little Peppermint Bristlenoses! They are SO CUTE. 

And so TINY. If I put them in the goldie tank now I'd be scared they'd become snacks xD 

For now...their names are Pepper and Mint (Original I know), but i don't know which one is which yet xD

And since i know I'll get the kokos stick if I don't...

Photos!

0pEKmgp.jpg

hilIbH4.jpg

Nawwww I love BN ????

I have a common and two albino long fins

I have had peppermints before but they are too skittish and Id never see them ????

They are crazy shy! They've just been hiding under the driftwood the whole time xD Even if I lift the driftwood out they just stay sucking on the bottom of it :hehe:

They're lovely! :D Best of luck with them!

They're so cute, I love the spots and the names are perfect. Congratulations!!

Thanks! They will have lots of algae to feast on in the goldie tank. I can't wait until they can go in

Very pretty.

OMG!  I love them :)

Once they terminate your algae, try giving them some blanched zucchini slices weighted down with veggie clips.  This will encourage them to come out during the day and to associate you with food  :feedme

Mine don't even let me let go of the zucchini before they are on it chewing away.  They come right out of their caves as soon as they see it!

I love BNs!! I have 5! I have a regular female, an albino female, an albino male, an albino longfin baby, and a regular longfin baby. Still, I'd love to find and get a peppermint BN. I've never seen one for sale before. How much were they?

Edited by Kiara

Once they terminate your algae, try giving them some blanched zucchini slices weighted down with veggie clips.  This will encourage them to come out during the day and to associate you with food  :feedme

Mine don't even let me let go of the zucchini before they are on it chewing away.  They come right out of their caves as soon as they see it!

Your last two sentences are just so cute Jared. Made me smile about that. hahaha I liked your tip also.

Mandy: That was definitely worth the drive. They are adorable. I've never seen or heard of them (name) before. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of them. I hope you are also able to get some video sometime soon.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I will definitely do that! I love that they don't even let you let it go xD

I love BNs!! I have 5! I have a regular female, an albino female, an albino male, an albino longfin baby, and a regular longfin baby. Still, I'd love to find and get a peppermint BN. I've never seen one for sale before. How much were they?

It was hard to decide which kind i wanted! But as soon as I saw the Peppermints I knew I had to have them :D They were $28.50 each

Your last two sentences are just so cute Jared. Made me smile about that. hahaha I liked your tip also.

Mandy: That was definitely worth the drive. They are adorable. I've never seen or heard of them (name) before. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of them. I hope you are also able to get some video sometime soon.

I will definitely try to get some video soon :D

I will definitely do that! I love that they don't even let you let it go xD

It was hard to decide which kind i wanted! But as soon as I saw the Peppermints I knew I had to have them :D They were $28.50 each

I will definitely try to get some video soon :D

I'll look forward to seeing it. :)