Hodor has been badly injured....please help! D:

Are her scales flat or pineconed? If they are flat, add 1 Teaspoon of aquarium salt (pre-dissolved) per gallon. I would also double Prime the tank today. You have an airstone running, correct?

The scales look pretty flat now. And yes there's an air stone in there. Should I use melafix or anything?

If he begins to pinecone, then you will need to do a 100% water change and switch to 1/4 Teaspooon of Epsom Salt per 10 gallons.

Actually upon closer inspection, it looks like her scales are still a bit raised. I just wasn't looking at the right angle.

TZoLbZ5.jpg

So should I do the epsom salt instead?

Yes, let's try the Epsom. It would also be a good idea to get some Seachem Metronidazole and API Triple Sulpha for Dropsy.

I have triple sulfa but I'll probably have to order the metro stuff.

http://www.petmountain.com/searchx/0/0/1/1/?s=seachem+metronidazole

Yes, let's try the Epsom. It would also be a good idea to get some Seachem Metronidazole and API Triple Sulpha for Dropsy.

I have triple sulfa but I'll probably have to order the metro stuff.

http://www.petmountain.com/searchx/0/0/1/1/?s=seachem+metronidazole
Ok I ordered the metro, it should get here on Thursday (why do my fish always get sick on weekends??).

When I got home from works grandpa told me he saw Hodor swimming around a little bit while I was gone, but when I went in to look at her she didn't appear any different from this morning. At the moment she is still on her side and her scales are still raised. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she improves.

I am so sorry. Sometimes, when a fish is injured like this, there is internal damage that we can't see. At least you were able to give him a peaceful place to rest in while he passed.

The Metro is a good medicine for you to have on hand as it is a "go to" for many illnesses. I'm glad you ordered it :)

I am so sorry. Sometimes, when a fish is injured like this, there is internal damage that we can't see. At least you were able to give him a peaceful place to rest in while he passed.

The Metro is a good medicine for you to have on hand as it is a "go to" for many illnesses. I'm glad you ordered it :)

Yeah I'm glad too just so I can have it on hand. Too bad I paid a little extra so it could get here faster and now it doesn't matter, but oh well.

Maybe I'll plant Hodor's body in a nice flower pot with a pretty plant or something. I don't want to just bury her outside or something.