Would a newbie benefit from subscribing?

TonySydney

Hi Everyone, I have been visiting Kokos most days and getting excellent advice and interesting discussions as a free member. I was wondering what would be the benefits of becoming a Subscription Member. Is a subscription more for advanced goldfish keepers? Is there different interactions when a subscriber rather than a free member?

A subscription is great. The money helps Koko and TD keep the site running and in return you get access to the subscriber's forum. There's a 911 diseases thread, general chit chat threads and much more. The subscriber's threads tend to be more active than the rest of the site. :)

Subscribing helps support the site, which is a wonderful thing.  The subbie side is most definitely not just a forum for more advanced fish keepers - although many people who have kept fish for a long time are subbies.  As Dan said, you have access to another fish discussion thread which is perhaps more enthusiast-driven than the public threads, an easy and quick place to get fish health advice, and some more social threads.  It is also more private than the public thread and many people find it a bit easier to discuss fish issues in that area of the forum.

There are many benefits to being a subscriber, but the reason I subscribed and continue to do so is that this site saved my fish. As a newbie, my kids' fish would have died if not for the good people here. That's worth something. :heart

I subscribed to thank the site for helping save my favorite fish. You do get access to a couple more areas as well as a chat room. I think the other members are a little quicker to help you out when in need as well. All in all you won't notice much of a difference unless you like to participate in wacky conversations with a chance to win extra badges for your signature line. I paid for 6 months so I could feel it out and see if I wanted to continue longer. I felt the $35 or whatever it is was well worth it for the care and attention the moderators gave me when my favorite fish was in trouble.

Hi Everyone, thank you for your feedback, I am happy to support the good work here so have taken out a 1 year subscription. I was mostly concerned I would be a nuisance or unable too really join in being rather unskilled in goldfish care.  :blink: