Goldfish C0nnection out of business?

BeavisMom62

I don't order from Goldfish Connection often, but only because I only have two goldies.  But their Pro-Gold is my primary food.  I find myself recently in need of the antibiotic food (can't remember the name) but when I got to the website, it says "all products are sold out.  Thanks for doing business with us for 25 years"..  And thats it!  It doesn't say if they are closing up shop, reordering or what?  I sent an email to Rick there who usually answers emails quickly but I haven't heard back.  Does any one have any idea what is going on?  If they are closing, is there another reputable website that sells similar food and medications?

Jude :bye2:

They are out of business.  Rick retired.

As far as food, there are lots of good options out there . . . NLS Thera A, Hikari Lionhead, and Omega One pellets seem to be a few favorites around here.  I'm sure others will add more.

Medications are a bit trickier.  For the most part we treat with water borne meds or use the powdered meds to make medicated gel food.

Was it MediGold or MetroMeds you are after?  :idont

They are, unfortunately, out of business! But as far as food goes, I can suggest a few brands that I like! I mostly use New Life Spectrum Thera A+ (and their Goldfish blend), which my fish love and are doing very well on. I also love Repashy soilent green gel food. It's easy to mix, can be frozen for later, and the fish love it! Good luck finding something new...I'm sure more members will come help you, but there are a lot of good food brands out there. 

I find myself recently in need of the antibiotic food (can't remember the name) but when I got to the website, it says "all products are sold out.  Thanks for doing business with us for 25 years"

You can dissolve powdered meds into a small amount of ethanol (or water), then soak it into pellets and dry them for internal dosing.

I find myself recently in need of the antibiotic food (can't remember the name) but when I got to the website, it says "all products are sold out. Thanks for doing business with us for 25 years"

You can dissolve powdered meds into a small amount of ethanol (or water), then soak it into pellets and dry them for internal dosing.
Another easy way is to make medicated gel food.

Thanks for all the replies.  I appreciate your timely responses.  Im, unfortunately, a lazy goldie owner, its so much easier to just order something!  LOL.  Im always afraid to make medicated food, but I guess I'll need to.  It was MediGold that I was after.  Every single time that I used it, it helped.  Even on fish that I thought for sure would die.   I use most of the other foods that you all have listed, except for a few that I' haven't heard of.  I'll have to go shopping.  I always offer a variety of food, but as I said, Goldfish Connections gold food is my primary diet.  Oh, well.  Guess I better get mixing!  Thanks everyone.