What kind of Oranda? Color change..

Fastlane

Hello again fellow Koko members!! :thumbup2:

Just want to ask your knowledge regarding my Oranda.. What kind is it? Chocolate? Black?

Also, would it change its color later on?

here are some picture.. he/she is cam shy.. :teehee

10887263_1017978471550557_99132487132282

10838269_1017978464883891_71330424485867

5de4a518-86db-4646-9cf6-3de46e7dea4f_zps

It looks like it's changing from chocolate to orange :) I couldn't tell you how quickly it will become completely orange, I have a blue oranda that's been changing for two years, and it still has patches of blue, and another fish that changed from almost black to white within a couple of months :)

It looks like it's changing from chocolate to orange :) I couldn't tell you how quickly it will become completely orange, I have a blue oranda that's been changing for two years, and it still has patches of blue, and another fish that changed from almost black to white within a couple of months :)

Thank you, so its a chocolate, ya it seems that the dark patches are being replaced with orange.. thats so cute..  :thumb:

Yep, just demelanization. It happens out of nowhere. Your fish will be completely orange soon, it looks like.

Thank you for answering, BTW, I also have an orange oranda.. my question goes like this..his pectoral fins are asymmetric.. and his/her upper caudal fins are fused.. 

imagejpg1_zps3579e7c7.jpg

Your Oranda is adorable.  I used to have a chocolate Oranda and she ended up changing to all orange.  Once she started changing to orange, her color change went real fast.  Right now I have a Blue Oranda that has been changing colors for a couple of months now.  Her face is just about all yellow now with her "blue" wen and changing to a white body.  You'll have fun watching your beautiful fish change colors.

Your Oranda is adorable.  I used to have a chocolate Oranda and she ended up changing to all orange.  Once she started changing to orange, her color change went real fast.  Right now I have a Blue Oranda that has been changing colors for a couple of months now.  Her face is just about all yellow now with her "blue" wen and changing to a white body.  You'll have fun watching your beautiful fish change colors.

Yeah, I'm excited with their color change..