Redoing the 60 gallon tall.

Hidr

Not at all happy with the lack of growth.  So going to replant with dirt.  Still going to use my blue gravel.  I had removed several of the plants to my goldfish tank and in the past two weeks they are doing better.  It has dirt in the pots.  I think that is the only difference.  So for now I moved fish to the goldfish tank and the otos to the 5 gallon planted tank.  I will be shutting that one down when I get things all set up.  

I got my dirt from a planted pot outside.  The dang chickens keep eating my flowers so not going to replant them in the spring.  Hubby may try some patio tomatoes in them. Hope he can figure out how to keep the chickens out.

Watch for photos and I get this going.

There will be no plants way back in the tank.  Mostly in the middle and that is where my soil is going too.  In this way I am hoping the soil wont be seen and mess up my nice blue/black gravel.

Also for me it is very very difficult to deal with anything in the back of this tank.  It is just to deep.  I am also going to take the backing off to see if more lighting will help since the tank is so deep.

dirttank005_zps61117384.jpg

Ok got a few plants in but need to put in some water so I can better see what it looks like. Going to need a couple hours for the plants to stand up.

And give my back a break. lol

006_zpsf158caf4.jpg

Ok this is what I have for now. No fish cause the water is to cold. So plan to move them back in tomorrow.  

I have an amazon sword the center right.  If/when it recovers well be my focal point.  If not I well need to bower one from the goldfish tank or maybe get something else for my focal point.  

I had some java fern that put out babies but the main plants died.  I added the java fern to the drift wood.  Never done this before so I well see how it works out.

Going to add my fish back once temp is stable.  Also going to see about more fish. I think I need more fish waste for the plants.

009_zps61afc39b.jpg