Pineconing? Oranda?

hperry36

The blood vessels are probably due to stress from the water.  They should resolve once the water parameters are better/the tank is cycled. 

And if one of my patient's started growing blood vessels onto the cornea towards an ulcer, I'd be :yikes not happy about it.  :o  But I'm not a vet so maybe it's different with dogs . . . . :idont

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know. I was just curious about it.

I mistakenly said iris in my previous post, but the vessels grow from the sclera actually. There are quite a few similarities between human medicine and vet medicine, from what I can tell. Until getting on here, I didn't know how many medicines crossed over to the aquatic world, too. I didn't know fish could get worms at all. I wish it were under different circumstances that I was learning all of this new information, but I must admit, I am enjoying getting to learn new things.

Sorry. Yes, lots of similarities, and differences, too.

Ammonia: 0.25

Nitrite: 0.5

Double Dosed Prime

It is easier for me to keep track of this here. Pieces of paper (especially needed ones) tend to disappear in this house.

Sorry. Yes, lots of similarities, and differences, too.

Nitrite: 0.5

Double Dosed Prime

It is easier for me to keep track of this here. Pieces of paper (especially needed ones) tend to disappear in this house.

Looks like the Nitrite dropped a bit?

It definitely seemed closer to the 0.5 tonight than last night. If it seems to stay that way (or drop even more *fingers crossed*), I will test for nitrates. She is definitely foraging and swimming around more today.

Before Water Change

Nitrite: 0.5 to 1.0 (closer to 1.0)

100% WC with Prime. Added Salt. Added Prazi.

Fishy Blub Blub seems to be doing well, definitely not worse.

Well, she is acting great actually. Hoovering all over the bottom. Trying to convince me that I didn't feed her. Finding little bits of poo to come and spit at me at the front of the tank. I think even the little tear on her tail is starting to look better.

But, while trying to get a look at her tail, I noticed a few white spots on her tail fins. They don't seem to be anywhere else on her. I got the best pictures I could right now.

IMG_1597_edited.jpg

IMG_1592_edited.jpg

Can you tell if they look like anything to be concerned about or not?

Nitrite: Pretty close to 1.0

So, 100% WC tonight with Prime and what else?

She seems to still be doing well. The tear is looking much better, and I can barely see the white spots. The edges of some of her other fins are starting to look a little dark. Can't tell if they are fraying or if she is just changing colors more.

We can just repeat last week's schedule.  This will be round 3 or Prazi, correct?

Mon 1/12 - 100% water change with Prime, add Prazi and salt (salt @1 Teaspoon per gallon).

Tue  1/13 - add double dose of Prime.

Wed 1/14 - 100% water change with Prime and replace Prazi and salt.

Thu  1/15 - add double dose of Prime.

Fri    1/16 - 100% water change with Prime, replace salt but not Prazi.

Sat   1/17 - add double dose of Prime.

Sun  1/18 - Let's talk.

Sounds good, and sort of. I was on Day 4 of Prazi on the very first round when I thought she might be pineconing. Did the 100% WC and didn't add anything back in. So, not sure if that round counts really.

Sounds good, and sort of. I was on Day 4 of Prazi on the very first round when I thought she might be pineconing. Did the 100% WC and didn't add anything back in. So, not sure if that round counts really.

Yes, I think we can count that as round 1 :)

A bit late in posting this tonight.

Before WC

NItrite: Still 0.5 to 1.0 (Even after only 1 day this time, nitrite was closer to 1.0)

100% WC with Prime, salt at 1 tsp/gal, and Prazi added back in.

She still seems to be doing well.