Sign in to follow this  
cmclien

Crimson

It just occurred to me that I've had Crimson for 18 months.  He has swim bladder disorder I think as he can make it up long enough to eat but then sinks back down.  I've added some nice plants over time he likes to rest on like this one:

2014-12-17074301_zps4dab289e.jpg

And this one:

2014-12-17074145_zps1ad54f81.jpg

He's in a 5g aqueon cube setup.  I removed their filter and added my own with a spray arm along with an aqueon heater.  I keep his tank at 80 degrees.

He looks extremely chill for a living flame...   ;)

PS

He's gorgeous!

That looks like the same plant that my Betta likes to rest in :teehee

Crimson sure is good looking! :thumbup2:

He is beautiful!! 

Congratulations on having Crimson for 18 months. That's awesome. He's a handsome Betta.

What and how often does Crimson eat?  Have you tried any strategies to help with the SBD?

What and how often does Crimson eat?  Have you tried any strategies to help with the SBD?

He eats twice a day, 3 pellets of Hikari Betta Bio-Gold and 3 pellets of Aqueon Betta Food.  Once in a while when I feed the Goldfish blood worms he eats that too instead of the pellets.  He was never much of a swimmer from the beginning and on and off a tail biter which I thought might be effecting his ability to stay afloat.  

He's soooooo beautiful! Maybe you could get him a ten gallon tank and lower the water level a bit so there's less pressure or at least less distance for him to travel to the top?? Good luck with him. :)

He's soooooo beautiful! Maybe you could get him a ten gallon tank and lower the water level a bit so there's less pressure or at least less distance for him to travel to the top?? Good luck with him. :)

Thanks!  I would love to but he's on my kitchen counter where there is no room for a bigger tank and really the only place I can put him.  He seems happy (enough) hanging out on the leaves.  He also likes to hang out on the very weak filter intake as it holds him up.  He's done that since we got him and easily swims off of it.