Sign in to follow this  
kehresmann

black moor with severe SBD

Ammonia Level(0ppm)* Ammonia Level(0ppm)* Nitrite Level(0ppm)* Nitrate level(0ppm* Ph Level, Tank 7.6* Ph Level, Tap (7.6)Other Required Info:* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?Api master kit Water temperature?*70 Tank size (10 gallon quarantine tank.) and how long has it been running?1 dayWhat is the name and "15-20 gallon fluval filter* How often do you change the water and how much?(Daily 50%)* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?*(yesterday 50%) How many fish in the tank and their size?(1, quarter sized) What kind of water additives or conditioners?*(stress coat and AQ salt)What do you feed your fish and how often?(homemade gelfood, fresh fruits and vegatables, and new life spectrum sinking pellets 2x a day) Any new fish added to the tank?(no)Any medications added to the tank?(no) List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.(AQ salt) Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? (My black moor had unusual sinking death like posing at the petstore before I brought him home but as soon as he was introduced into my 40 gallon with my other black moor he was perfectly fine and swimming and eating on his own, after a week of owning him his severe swim bladder disease seems to have reappaered and worsened. He has terrible buoyancy problems and can barley right himself to eat. So far I've tried feeding him daphia and fasting him? Neither seem to have helped. I had also read that aquarium salt has been able to help SBD , but seems to have done nothing for my moor. Thought I've only had salt in for a day. I have yet to try any antibiotics on him, but can readily pick some up if it resorts to him needing medication. He has no external symptoms besides sinking and be unable to control his swimming. I'm to purchase and try ANYTHING to help this little guy, I've only owned him for a week but I love the little bugger already! Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks, from a severely confused and frustrated newbie goldfish mama.

When my fish was having problems related to its swim bladder I was advised to use Epsom salt rather than aquarium salt. It seems my fish had become very constipated, which could have been pressing on the swim bladder somehow.  After a few days in the Epsom salt, wow, he let it all out, and was fine.  Wait for a moderator or helper to come by and post.  Shouldnt be long.  They are very helpful.  

Hope your fish feels better!

Hope your Goldfish feels better.

Hi there! Could you please provide video of your fish's behavior? The way to do this on this forum is to upload the video to youtube and then post the link here. 

I would not perform any more treatments until the moderators have had a chance to evaluate the thread. I hope your fish gets better, and welcome to Koko's! 

I hope your black moor feels better soon. :)

Moderators are likely conferring to determine how to best help your little one...I know that waiting while you're worried is no fun.  Best of luck to you!

When you fasted, how long did you fast him? 

The video is kind of dark . . . is it taken from above?  Can you take one from the side of the tank and make it about 30 seconds long?  Is the filter current pushing him around at all?

This might make it possible to read your form.

Ammonia Level(0ppm)*

Ammonia Level(0ppm)*

Nitrite Level(0ppm)*

Nitrate level(0ppm*

Ph Level, Tank 7.6*

Ph Level, Tap (7.6)

Other Required Info:*

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api master kit

Water temperature?*70

Tank size (10 gallon quarantine tank.) and how long has it been running?1 day

What is the name and "15-20 gallon fluval filter*

How often do you change the water and how much?(Daily 50%)*

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?*(yesterday 50%)

How many fish in the tank and their size?(1, quarter sized)

What kind of water additives or conditioners?*(stress coat and AQ salt)

What do you feed your fish and how often?(homemade gelfood, fresh fruits and vegatables, and new life spectrum sinking pellets 2x a day)

Any new fish added to the tank?(no)

Any medications added to the tank?(no)

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.(AQ salt) Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.*

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?*

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

(My black moor had unusual sinking death like posing at the petstore before I brought him home but as soon as he was introduced into my 40 gallon with my other black moor he was perfectly fine and swimming and eating on his own, after a week of owning him his severe swim bladder disease seems to have reappaered and worsened. He has terrible buoyancy problems and can barley right himself to eat. So far I've tried feeding him daphia and fasting him? Neither seem to have helped. I had also read that aquarium salt has been able to help SBD , but seems to have done nothing for my moor. Thought I've only had salt in for a day. I have yet to try any antibiotics on him, but can readily pick some up if it resorts to him needing medication. He has no external symptoms besides sinking and be unable to control his swimming. I'm to purchase and try ANYTHING to help this little guy, I've only owned him for a week but I love the little bugger already! Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks, from a severely confused and frustrated newbie goldfish mama.

How long have you had your other black moor?  Would you please give this information for your 40 gallon?  We really need to know about the conditions and maintenance of the tank he was in when he developed problems.

• Test Results for the Following:
  • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
  • * Nitrite Level(Tank)
  • * Nitrate level(Tank)
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
  •  
  • Other Required Info:
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?
  • * How often do you change the water and how much?

Also please read this information on quarantine.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/114157-why-quarantining-new-fish-is-necessary/

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/114492-how-to-quarantine-new-fish/

My Black moor has actually passed away. SO help is no longer needed, but thank you for the reply. In the future I will remember to post the stats for my main tank as well.

Thanks.  Ideally, we would request that in the form, but people find it rather long as is.

I‘m really sorry for your loss. I know it‘s really hard to lose a fish from SBD. Please don't beat yourself over it and be willing to gather knowledge from the wonderfull members here.

Best wishes for next time!!!!

I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, black moor.