Lazy butterflies?

Jes

Hey guys,

I might be mad but does anybody else find there butterflies are lazy? I have orandas and butterflies in my tank. I find that my butterflies have sort of rest periods and my orandas don't.

They will sit on the bottom for about 5-10mins and then get up and swim around again.

Could it be their tail shape being larger making more drag in the water when they swim so they need little rests?

Has anybody else noticed this?

Thanks guys

Hi Jes, I can't say I ever notice my butterfly behaving like this, he's pretty much always buzzing around, and never sits on the bottom. If you're concerned, it may be worth making a D&D thread :idont are they still in QT?

Hi Liz,

No these are butterflies I have had for a long time. Properly about 8 months or so. They have always done this ever since I have got them.

My little new little ones are in a different tank which is there perm home as they are the only fish in that tank. They are very active but as they are young their tails are not as developed as my older ones.

Both sets of butterflies are from star. Can I ask where u got yours from?

Hi Jes, I can't say I ever notice my butterfly behaving like this, he's pretty much always buzzing around, and never sits on the bottom. If you're concerned, it may be worth making a D&D thread :idont are they still in QT?

Oh I have no idea then :teehee it might be worth uploading a video of them doing it? I guess their tails could be weighing them down :idont I have one butterfly, and I got him from Japanese Koi Company when he was only very small :)

This was him when I got him

imagejpg1_zps7119ae56.jpg

And this is him now :heart

imagejpg1_zpsb6c5c3d0.jpg

Oh I have no idea then :teehee it might be worth uploading a video of them doing it? I guess their tails could be weighing them down :idont I have one butterfly, and I got him from Japanese Koi Company when he was only very small :)

This was him when I got him

imagejpg1_zps7119ae56.jpg

And this is him now :heart

imagejpg1_zpsb6c5c3d0.jpg

He is beautiful!! Are they based in the uk? Can u order online? I havnt herd of them before. I will look them up. ????

Edited by Jes

Thank you :) they are, though they don't seem to have had any butterfly telescopes in since I got him (I bought him a year ago). I have subscribed to their youtube account so when they put videos up I can see what they have in (that's how I found this guy, and a few of my others :) ) and they sell fish on ebay :) they're based in London :)

Thank you :) they are, though they don't seem to have had any butterfly telescopes in since I got him (I bought him a year ago). I have subscribed to their youtube account so when they put videos up I can see what they have in (that's how I found this guy, and a few of my others :) ) and they sell fish on ebay :) they're based in London :)

Ok lovely thanks for telling me! I will deff check them out :) I don't suppose you know of any other fancy breeders in the UK?