Puff... again

Mikey

Yeah, some of those leaves on the lucky bamboo looked like the ones I had in my shrimp tank. Some of those leaves on the pothos don't look good either. So my suggestion still stands. You can always remove the plants and put them in another container while you experiment with this approach. Following my suggestion does not mean to stop the treatment you are doing with Koko. I'm just suggesting something that may contribute to lessening ongoing problems.

Edited by LisaCGold

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:teehee I should have Mentioned thst some of my pothos is neon green pothos :peeka as for the bamboo, the lights burned the leaves. I removed the dead ones.

I suggest not just removing the dead leaves but the bamboo stalk that has them. The bamboo that I had was exposed to bright sunlight too. Removing just the leaves was not enough. If you want to keep the bamboo there and they are getting direct sunlight, I suggest you shade them from the light to prevent the bamboo from slowly dying.

• Admin

I suggest not just removing the dead leaves but the bamboo stalk that has them. The bamboo that I had was exposed to bright sunlight too. Removing just the leaves was not enough. If you want to keep the bamboo there and they are getting direct sunlight, I suggest you shade them from the light to prevent the bamboo from slowly dying.

That makes since hun.... Since these guys arent true Aquatic Plants...

:hummm

I have the tops of them out of the water :) they will not rot if the tops are out of the water. No, no direct sunlight. I have plant bulbs that are really dim on them occasionally :idont

The tops of my lucky bamboo were also out of the water in my shrimp tank, only the roots were submerged. What I think was happening with the bamboo that had yellow leaves is that they were releasing some sort of toxins into the water via their root system or something like that. Once I took out the bamboo altogether from the tank, the shrimp stopped dying and they started breeding like crazy. I'm just wondering with the problems you are having if the bamboo is doing something similar in your tank.

I have to say that I agree with this theory a bit.

It's also worth mentioning that lucky bamboo leaves are very toxic to animals and children, so I wouldn't be surprised if the yellowing leaves left the plant unhealthy and released some of the dangerous fluids back into the tank.

You should never ever leave plants to sit around with yellow leaves like that in the first place, no matter where! Pruning is important, and then finding the reason for it. ;)

Edited by Chai

Sorry, no pictures/video today. I'll get one tomorrow since I will be home early. 3rd dose of pimafix was added. And I didn't give a silver dip.

• Admin

Would you like me to take a poop sample and slime coat scraping to school and take some pictures under the microscope?

That would be a good idea... The only other thing I can think of if not something inside... she might have a damaged swim bladder :(

I'll post some pictures later. She is still sitting and has blood streaking. Today is her 7th dose of pimafix. Wow does that stuff cloud the water!! I tested it and all is fine :idont

okay, I got some pictures. They are pretty bad because the water is so cloudy. Sorry :peeka:donthit: her water tests good, so I wasn't concerned about the cloudiness. Tomorrow she will be getting a 100% water change. Tonight is the last pimafix dose.

• Admin

Mikey I would like to do two things with her.... Once 100% water changes every day for a week with just .1% salt in there... Her tail is really bothering me hun... so shredded... Her eye looks alot better and Im wondering if she is missing her friends... Can you move that QT tank closer to her main tank so she can see her budds:)