Puff... again

Mikey

Today is her 11th silver dip. I will get pictures and a video once I am home from school tomorrow.

Edited by Mikey

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I got the pimafix. Should I treat as per instructions, or do you have a suggestion to try?

As Suggested hun :)
okay :) and here's a video

she seems slightly better tonight :) I'm going to cut another slit into the air line tubing until I come home from work tomorrow with a diffuser to control it 100%

Mikey, can you do me a favor? Please post a picture of the terrestrial plants that are in your tank. I would like to see the health of the leaves. Thank you!

these are from January 17th. I'll get new ones when I get home though. 11719CA0-6EA3-4A91-AB21-5A24DC40625A_zps664693A9-7347-43E3-8E40-A8AC424B593C_zps

Thanks, Mikey! What I notice in your picture is that some of the leaves on the lucky bamboo are yellowing. What I have found in my shrimp tank is that my lucky bamboo, with yellowing leaves, appeared to be putting toxins into the tank. I went from 60 shrimp to about 20 shrimp over a period of 4-5 months. When I finally took the lucky bamboo (after trying many, many things like reducing temp), the deaths stopped. Over a 2 month period, I now have over 60 shrimp which includes many, many babies.

In my fish tank, the lucky bamboo leaves are not yellowing. They are nice and green. Periodically I have to pull a brown leaf off, but for the most part they are a healthy green. I believe that because the leaves are not yellowing, the plant is healthy and not putting toxins into the tank. This is just my belief.

So, something to consider: if your terrestrial plants (including the pothos) have yellowing leaves or lots of leaves that are not looking healthy, you may want to remove the plants altogether.