Puff... again

Mikey

Mikey, what size is the filter on the tank, is it cycled and why did you add it? Initially, there were only airstones, right? I still think there's too much current. One airstone would be sufficient. That's a big head to carry around.

AC 70 on lowest setting, yes it is cycled. I guess to keep it pristine no matter what :don't yes there were only 2 air stones.

It is big. :/

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey, what size is the filter on the tank, is it cycled and why did you add it? Initially, there were only airstones, right? I still think there's too much current. One airstone would be sufficient. That's a big head to carry around.

AC 70 on lowest setting, yes it is cycled. I guess to keep it pristine no matter what :don't yes there were only 2 air stones.

Are you planning to keep her in there long term?

Should I order the one that is in Charlie's thread?

Mikey,

If you go with the silver, please be sure not to combine it with any antibiotics as they are contraindicated:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-779-colloidal%20silver.aspx?activeingredientid=779&activeingredientname=colloidal%20silver

• Admin

Mikey,

If you go with the silver, please be sure not to combine it with any antibiotics as they are contraindicated:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-779-colloidal silver.aspx?activeingredientid=779&activeingredientname=colloidal silver

Very true.. The only thing it will work with is Melafix and Primafix :)

Sorry dont know names just usernames? min of 500ppm or if you can get the 1100ppm :)

I was going to let her heal 100% so yes

I was going to let her heal 100% so yes

Okay, I think that's good.  I would like you to remove the airstone and watch Puff for a couple of hours to see if her swimming patterns change at all.

I'm unfortunately not going to Be home Friday night to saturday. I can remove it, but I won't be able to monitor it for long.

Edited by Mikey

• Admin

Oh! Blacks thread. Googs.

Oh yes hun :)

Also remember with Silver it might take down your cycle... So you will need to test and keep the water clean if the ammonia and such starts to build... Placing Carbon in will remove it and 100% water change :)

Also remember with Silver it might take down your cycle... So you will need to test and keep the water clean if the ammonia and such starts to build... Placing Carbon in will remove it and 100% water change :)

Am I treating just her or the whole main tank? Can I take out the cycled media until the silver treatment is done? Should I look at Black's thread for instructions?

• Admin

Am I treating just her or the whole main tank? Can I take out the cycled media until the silver treatment is done? Should I look at Black's thread for instructions?

No you dont need to move it hun... just make sure you dont have carbon in it... :)

then I want you for now to just treat her in a 2 gallon bowl max put  12 drops in if you get the  500ppm if you get the 1100 ppm then just 6 drops of it.... Then let him sit there for 30 mins if he can... Then I want you to place him back to the tank thats all clean... We arent going to treat right now in the main tank hun.... But if we have to we can and do it little different :)

No you dont need to move it hun... just make sure you dont have carbon in it... :)

then I want you for now to just treat her in a 2 gallon bowl max put  12 drops in if you get the  500ppm if you get the 1100 ppm then just 6 drops of it.... Then let him sit there for 30 mins if he can... Then I want you to place him back to the tank thats all clean... We arent going to treat right now in the main tank hun.... But if we have to we can and do it little different :)

Okay, Excellent! No carbon :). I'll order it asap.

How will I know if she can not handle it? Will it be like a salt dip where the "faint" and by max do you want me to put 12 drops in or meaning I can put up to 12 drops in?

Edited by Mikey

• Admin

:bingo:

Okay, Excellent! No carbon :). I'll order it asap.

How will I know if she can not handle it? Will it be like a salt dip where the "faint" and by max do you want me to put 12 drops in or meaning I can put up to 12 drops in?

Max as in 2 gallon max QT bowl for the dip. Yeah exactly like a salt dip :)

okay, thank you! I will let you know when it arrives. Good thing my grandma has prime :lol2 

For now I guess extra clean water and remove the air stone and just leave the filter on.

Thank you Cheryl :hug

Just drained her tank, wiped it out, and cleaned the filter. I have her food while she's in the bucket so it's not in her nice clean tank :rofl

According to Amazon it was delivered Sunday :doh11: didn't know that so I didn't check the mail. Oh well, it's better I treat her today because I have less homework. When I get home I'm going to wipe and drain her QT tank and then once it's all filled and set up, I'm going to start the silver treatment.

12 drops in 2 gallons of water for 30 minutes, right?