Puff... again

Mikey

She seems slightly better today. Not much. She's swimming more, though. She's very front heavy, so she's always leaning forward. I see some re growth in Her dorsal fin too. I got a glass versa top for her so the water and heat stays in. I did a 50% water change today. I tested her water snd it had 0 ammonia and nitrites :idont wonder where the ammonia went.

Should I feed her now, or continue to fast?

A77A82E5-59E1-40A8-9690-3E50BE16AB01_zps

How many days have you fasted her?  Is she still releasing sand?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 days. One in tank on in QT. There was quite a bit of sand this morning. Nothing else yet.

Let's see what the morning brings. Has she pooped?
this is all she has done in the 48 hours

47546C93-AC1C-4E8D-AA34-C7AC06D3F98E_zps

Okay, I would fast for one more day and keep removing any passed sand.

I have a slight issue. I'm just about out of melafix and work isn't going to be able to get any in until Tuesday. We had melafix in the back for our sick tank that I took. It's saltwater though. Would it be okay to use? The only difference is that it's 1.25% melaleuca instead of 1.00%.

Okay, I would fast for one more day and keep removing any passed sand.

I have a slight issue. I'm just about out of melafix and work isn't going to be able to get any in until Tuesday. We had melafix in the back for our sick tank that I took. It's saltwater though. Would it be okay to use? The only difference is that it's 1.25% melaleuca instead of 1.00%.

I don't know Mikey, but I would not recommend it without checking with API, first.  Maybe you can grab a small bottle of the freshwater formula from Petco or Petsmart until your store gets some?

:doh11: I'm such an idiot!!!! I Haven't been shaking the melafix :(. Tomorrow is her fourth treatment so I'll start shaking it tomorrow. There are still lots of blood streaks and her eye still has a fluid sac around it. Ugh Im so dumb :cry and she's shedding off slime coat like crazy. I did a 90%+ water change and it's all cloudy and disgusting already.

A2BFCA89-EB8B-4A33-BE98-95BC4B9EFC31_zps1435197D-B1A4-4C24-9963-BFA121B11561_zps8B65392B-9A10-4513-AA95-7B2541E71250_zps

Mistakes are how we learn and grow; don't beat yourself up over it.  As long as you're doing it correctly now, you're golden.  And your mistake today might help someone else avoid the same one tomorrow.   :thumb:

Is it okay that I have an Aquaclear 70 on low on the tank? I put some media in so its cycled and isn't stressed out with any ammonia or anything. I'll still be doing 50% water changes daily.

If it's a no go, I can take it off. :)

:hug I'm sorry Puff isn't doing/looking too well, Mikey. :(

I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

thanks Cheryl :hug

Guess what?! SHES SWIMMING!! Not just scoring slong the bottom. She's able to hold herself up better than ever had in maybe the last 6+ months. My only concern is that's she's losing quite a few scales.