Puff... again

Mikey

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She doesn't look like a happy camper today... I'm doing a quick 4 gallon water change and not adding more salt. She was fine the past couple of days :idont 

today (Wednesday) is day 5 in salt.

I know what the issue is and it's all my fault :cry her water quality is crap!!! It was cycled... I guess the salt bumped it :(. It was doing so well too! :(. She's getting a big water change now. I don't care what time it is. Ar least she doesn't have kidney issues. :peeka

Her nitrites are really high but ammonia is zero. Shouldn't the salt detoxify it? I'm almost done with a 50%. That's the best I can do this late. I'll double dose with prime and then do a 100% tomorrow.

Okay, have the fins improved at all?

from the beginning, yes. From a few days ago, not that I can tell. WOW is she happy and hyper tonight! I recorded her and its uploading now. She's VERY slime coaty. Especially on her tail. I'm going to do the 100% water changes now that I'm all better. She has stresking still as well too. But in so proud of her! She's handling the salt so well!

Okay, Mikey...the good news is that we know that there is no salt allergy.  I also really doubt that 0.1% salt set back your filter.  So, now that you are well enough to keep up with testing and water changes, make sure that water stays pristine.  As you know, water quality problems can cause or worsen streaking.  The ragged fins are annoying but she looks to be in good health overall.  I am rather pleased with how active she is in the video.  Let's give the salt some more time to work :)

Okay, thank you!! :). I definitely will 100% daily!! I'll post pictures in a couple of days with how she is doing. You have no idea how relieved I am know she doesn't have kidney failure :thud

She looks off again after her feeding. Not sure if she's floaty or it's the salt or water. I have her in a bucket of fresh primed water for now

• Helper

Poor Puff! Your vigilance is a huge blessing to her, Mikey. She'd probably have been gone long ago with a less astute owner. Let us know how she is in the new pail and if her stress level appears lower.

Thank you

She was butt up listing. Last time she did that j fed blood worms and she pooped and was perfectly fine.

Okay, but she has been in salt for 6 days and has been fine until this last feeding.  If it was the salt, don't you think we would have seen a problem before now?

Thank you

She was butt up listing. Last time she did that j fed blood worms and she pooped and was perfectly fine.

Okay, but she has been in salt for 6 days and has been fine until this last feeding. If it was the salt, don't you think we would have seen a problem before now?
yes, that's why I'm thinking it's the feeding :rofl

Thank you

Okay, but she has been in salt for 6 days and has been fine until this last feeding. If it was the salt, don't you think we would have seen a problem before now?
yes, that's why I'm thinking it's the feeding :rofl

Okay, so let's not blame the salt.  I would return her to the tank, fast her for a day or so and keep up with water changes :)