* Ammonia Level(Tap)0ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tap)0ppm

* Nitrate level(Tap)0ppm

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.0-7.2

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops

* Water temperature? 76.3

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? a couple hours 20 long

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? None. Two air stones

* How often do you change the water and how much? depending an ammonia level so I gues 50-100% every day to every other day

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today 100%

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 fish about 210 grams

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Fasting for 2 days but usually Lionhead, saki hikri, and cichlid omega one pellets small sinking

* Any new fish added to the tank? Puff

* Any medications added to the tank? Melafix

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. MM a couple times, Prazi, Allergic to salt

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Blood streaking, and fin nips

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? bottom sitting and weak in general.

F7211868-927D-4EA7-9154-0932AA4B40E2_zps

I didn't realize Puff was not feeling well. :hug  How long has he been in QT, and what's the water change schedule like on the main tank?  Parameters on the main tank would be good as well. :)

I didn't realize Puff was not feeling well. :hug  How long has he been in QT, and what's the water change schedule like on the main tank?  Parameters on the main tank would be good as well. :)

:hug 

just put her in a few hours ago. I did a back to back 90% 3-4 days ago and a ten percent the other day on the main tank. I will get those params now. 

But overall, how frequently are you changing the water in the main tank?  Twice a week? Weekly? Monthly?  

I would just keep the water pristine for everyone, and maybe give them a little more space.  See if that helps with the nipping.

But overall, how frequently are you changing the water in the main tank?  Twice a week? Weekly? Monthly?  

I would just keep the water pristine for everyone, and maybe give them a little more space.  See if that helps with the nipping.

I drain it 1-2 times weekly.

With Puff being the biggest fish and weakest and out of the tank, I think the nipping will stop... I am almost positive it was Moon as I've seen him chase and nip her the most.

I have everything but the nitrates done for the big tank.

pH: 7.8

ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm

She has also had a fluid sac around her eye for many many months and I had the main tank at 1/4 tsp per ten gallons of epsom for 8 days.

DSC_0798_zpsa1120661.jpg

DSC_0799_zps00c0c222.jpg

DSC_0800_zps8d15ec1b.jpg

DSC_0801_zpsc2366937.jpg

DSC_0803_zps012e95de.jpg

And here is a video of her

Oh no get better soon puff

Mikey, I think what you have going in the QT is good for now.  The Melafix should help with both the eye and the fin issues and the isolation should solve the nipping problem.  Just be sure to keep the water pristine as Tammy suggested :)

Will do :) I'll check the ammonia level daily. there should be a miniature cycle because i am using an air stone from the tank so it should alleviate some of the ammonia until I can change the water. I am going to give my guys a water change and then I ordered bags for my canister media, I'll clean that Tuesday.

Hope Puff bounces back soon Mikey.

Thank you, Mike!

Edited by Mikey

Mikey, I think what you have going in the QT is good for now.  The Melafix should help with both the eye and the fin issues and the isolation should solve the nipping problem.  Just be sure to keep the water pristine as Tammy suggested :)

as the days go on and if she doesn;t get better, these are the meds I have on hand:

Kanaplex

Metro-meds

metroplex

clout

meth-blue

tetra-parasite guard

and my lfs carries most medicines should i need to order any.

Let's not medicate now, as it doesn't seem to be necessary.  Keep the water in both tanks pristine, and I think that everyone will improve on their own.  In fact, regarding the main tank, however many water changes you do per week, I'd add one more in.  If it's once, do two.  If it's two times, do three.  Try that for three weeks, and see how it goes.

Am I allowed to stop medicating melafix once it's started?

There is no poop, but quite a bit of sand on the bottom of the tank

Mikey, keep the Melafix going since you started it. Vacuum out the sand she releases daily.

Mikey, hope Puff feels better.  Her behaviour in QT is really just a little more 'down' than Newton's right now.  Hopefully good water will perk them both up.

Mikey, hope Puff feels better.  Her behaviour in QT is really just a little more 'down' than Newton's right now.  Hopefully good water will perk them both up.

Thanks, Susanne!  yes, I hope so!

Hope a break in some clean water gives her what she needs. :) She sure has gorgeous fins.

I hope Puff feels better Mikey!!!!

Hope a break in some clean water gives her what she needs. :) She sure has gorgeous fins.

I hope so too!

Thank you :) let me see if I can find a before picture :o

Thank you Dawn!!

This was her in 2012

F0A08615-90DB-4551-892E-17B80509A69F_zps

She seems slightly better today. Not much. She's swimming more, though. She's very front heavy, so she's always leaning forward. I see some re growth in Her dorsal fin too. I got a glass versa top for her so the water and heat stays in. I did a 50% water change today. I tested her water snd it had 0 ammonia and nitrites :idont wonder where the ammonia went.

Should I feed her now, or continue to fast?

A77A82E5-59E1-40A8-9690-3E50BE16AB01_zps

This was her in 2012F0A08615-90DB-4551-892E-17B80509A69F_zps

Wow what a transformation. I never knew she was that color. She's sure changed into a beautiful orange Color with fins I could only hope for my Oranda. Great job Mikey

Thank you so much! :) I hope yours grows giant flowing find :)