Sign in to follow this  
Cdionne77

Citrus and Skipper have fry!

Have about 10 active swimmers in a bucket with tank water and air stone. Well try to get better pics later.

20141218_164342-1_zpss5w7rdjq.jpg

Edited by Cdionne77

Woohoooo! Congrats!

Congratulations!!!!

Hey congrats. I don't know if you have raised fry before so I'll just throw out the advice to keep the air to a minimum for now. The current can really push the fry around.

:nana welcome to the green jelly bean club! :nana

:Congrats:

WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Congratulations! :heart

20141218_194133_HDR-1_zpswk3aif1f.jpg

Here is a better pic of one of them

:heart Goldfish love :ehh

Hey congrats. I don't know if you have raised fry before so I'll just throw out the advice to keep the air to a minimum for now. The current can really push the fry around.

Thanks for the advice. I have an adjustable air flow so I just turned it down. They swim pretty well for little guys they like hanging out in all the plants I have in there not sure if all the plants are an issue but thats were all the eggs were stuck too and im afraid right now to take the plants out

:nana welcome to the green jelly bean club! :nana

:Congrats:

thank you. Im so excited. I have about 10 that I can see right now. I have a better pic of one now. They are so cute. I sprinkled a tiny bit of re pashy powder in there. Im so unprepared for this ahhh

I would leave the plants.I am sure they will find little snacks on them to eat.

:clapping:  Exciting news!  :clapping:

Do you know when they hatched?  :idont

:clapping:  Exciting news!  :clapping:

Do you know when they hatched? :idont

I think this morning but im not quit sure because citrus spawned for two days and there were eggs everywhere lol

Oh my stars.  :rofl

If they just hatched in the last day or two they aren't ready to eat yet . . . .

Oh my stars.  :rofl

If they just hatched in the last day or two they aren't ready to eat yet . . . .

Oh no... I sprinkled repashy in there.. Dang it... Water change is going to be a nightmare. I see 10 swimming around there are possible more but I can't tell because there are 2 silk plants in there that were covered with eggs and I'm afraid to more anything around

They're so tiny!!

They are and they are so fragile looking to but so adorable with their big eyes and small bodies lol

Is the repashy floating or has it sunk?  If it's floating try to get it to stick to a piece of paper towel, just stick one along the surface if that makes sense.  :o  If it's sunk then try using some airline tubing and sucking it out.  Suck it out into a bucket in case you get any fry in there. 

Is the repashy floating or has it sunk?  If it's floating try to get it to stick to a piece of paper towel, just stick one along the surface if that makes sense.  :o  If it's sunk then try using some airline tubing and sucking it out.  Suck it out into a bucket in case you get any fry in there.

It's sunk so I'll suck it out with the tubing thanks :)

Wow they have babies already?!?!? Congrats on the batch of fry! :clapping:

Wow they have babies already?!?!? Congrats on the batch of fry! :clapping:

Yup, thank you! Citrus spawned around 5 times already and this batch finally hatched. I guess skipper was tired of eating them and finally fertilized the eggs already. Lol. The two silk plants that were in the tank were completely covered in eggs this morning. Now I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle that they survive :)

The airline tubing is how I did wc's on my fry tank for a couple months :)

The airline tubing is how I did wc's on my fry tank for a couple months :)

What size tank did you have them in?