First time experiencing Illness with Oranda wen/fish

Annie

Thank you. I have only just added in CaribSea Sand a few weeks ago, and tank is kept very clean with weekly maintainence and not overstocked. I do feed the Hikari sinking pellets, greens, shelled peas & have a variety of foods coming that I recently ordered. 

If the people you mentioned can help or contact me, that would be great. I apologize but I'm still getting used to forum use. When you say infectious ...what are you referring to? I guess as you said, it's a possiblity out of..five? 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/infectious%20disease

Lisa defined infectious above. But here you go. She means that your fish had an infection not tumor.

And I'm very sorry about the sudden loss of your pretty goldfish :hug

I know when I've treated my fish in the past that the reddening around the site is an area of concern :idont and I believe the mods treat with antibiotics. Often times they will converse with one another for the best treatment for each fish for each case.

Edited by Flipper

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't keep your tank clean.  Sorry if it came across that way.  I was just getting at "prevention is the best cure" idea and that sometimes, despite our best efforts, our fish come down with some sort of disease.

As Flipper said, when I say it was infectious, I simply mean there was some sort of infection (either bacterial, fungal, parasitic, viral, etc) and I don't think it was a tumor.  And without a microscope to look at the organism, we can only go by our best guess as to what it was.  My best guess is bacterial . . .

There is a section of the forum for people from different countries to post questions.  Perhaps you could start a thread regarding where to find different meds and some of our Australian members can help.  Both Helen and Dan have not been on a lot lately as they are dealing with some family situations.  But there are other member from AUS that should be able to help you.  :D