• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

ok, i have spoken with Mandy..

right now, she will add the following to the 10g QT

.75grams of Yellow Powder

400mg of Metronidazole

the fish ( :rofl )

if those helping can advise a WC routine where it concerns the treatment duration of these meds, that would be awesome. the filter is cycled.

Hi Mandy,

Furan (yellow powder) is usually dosed every day while Metro is usually dosed every other day. So, with these 2 combined, I would probably recommend one of these 2 schedules based on the amount of meds you have:

1) Daily 100% wc with both meds redosed each time.

or 

2) 100% wc every other day with double Prime added on the days in between. Yellow Powder added daily for at least 10 days. Metro added every other day after each wc for at least 14 days.

• Supporter

Hi Mandy,

Furan (yellow powder) is usually dosed every day while Metro is usually dosed every other day. So, with these 2 combined, I would probably recommend one of these 2 schedules based on the amount of meds you have:

1) Daily 100% wc with both meds redosed each time.

or 

2) 100% wc every other day with double Prime added on the days in between. Yellow Powder added daily for at least 10 days. Metro added every other day after each wc for at least 14 days.

If I did my maths right, I have enough Yellow Powder to add 6 doses (5g pack with 0.75g dose) and enough Metro to add 5 doses (10 x 200mg tablets)

• Supporter

He wasn't to happy for a few hours when the meds first went in, he just sat under the filter, not moving. He is back to his active self again now though, swimming around, eating normally. There doesn't appear to be any change yet in the look of the white stuff that's all over him, but he has only been in the yellow and metro for about 24 hours.

Mandy, will you reduce the Metronidazole to 200mg per 10 gallons rather than 400mg per 10 gallons.  I want to stretch the duration out further than 5 days.  Continue with the Yellow Powder as directed above.

So water change every 2 days...add the powder everyday (so on the day between water change there will be 1.5g in) and 200mg metro just after water change?

Yes, that's fine.  Just be sure to double Prime the tank on the days when you don't do a water change.  I think the Yellow Powder is only potent for 24 hours and not cumulative.  I had hoped to go longer with the Powder, but we will work with what you have :)

• Supporter

So water change every 2 days...add the powder everyday (so on the day between water change there will be 1.5g in) and 200mg metro just after water change?

Yes, that's fine. Just be sure to double Prime the tank on the days when you don't do a water change. I think the Yellow Powder is only potent for 24 hours and not cumulative. I had hoped to go longer with the Powder, but we will work with what you have :)
Sounds great. I can do that :)

• Supporter

Here is is in his waterchange bucket, I still can't really get the white stuff to show up on camera. It's mainly on one side. And if you look really closely you can see it over his gill plate and one gill plate looks slightly curved. I can see the stuff better with a torch shining on him so I tried that to get it on the film but it still didn't show up very well