Bamboo's "Nose" Again + Tiny's Tail

FishyMandy

Okay, let's see what Fantailfan1 thinks tomorrow.  Helen may also see this tonight as she is in your time zone.  The main thing is not to interrupt the Triple Sulfa until this has cleared.  Do you you have access to Metronidazole?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helper

Okay, let's see what Fantailfan1 thinks tomorrow.  Helen may also see this tonight as she is in your time zone.  The main thing is not to interrupt the Triple Sulfa until this has cleared.

Ok thanks. How long can we use the Tri Sulfa for?

Okay, let's see what Fantailfan1 thinks tomorrow.  Helen may also see this tonight as she is in your time zone.  The main thing is not to interrupt the Triple Sulfa until this has cleared.

Ok thanks. How long can we use the Tri Sulfa for?

14 days, longer if necessary.

• Helper

Okay, so on extra close inspection (I Put him in a clear bucket and shone a torch on him from different angles, then held him and shone the torch) I'm about 90% sure it's just the white stuff growing on him, but there seems to be more of it than there was before :(

Okay, so on extra close inspection (I Put him in a clear bucket and shone a torch on him from different angles, then held him and shone the torch) I'm about 90% sure it's just the white stuff growing on him, but there seems to be more of it than there was before :(

Okay, then the Epsom isn't necessary :)

• Helper

Okay, then the Epsom isn't necessary :)

Great :) Do you think it will be a good idea to still see if I can get the metro just incase it's needed? 

• Helper

Also, I forgot to add that it's been 2 weeks in the Tri Sulfa now

And I've found an Australian based site that sells Metro, the ingredients say

• Metronidazole, synthetic polymers and an inert carrier.

Is that ok to get?

• Supporter

Jared/Lisa.. the metronidazole tablets are 200mg each. please advise what treatment plan you have in mind and how many tablets Amanda will need to treat her fish. dispatching Monday, so we have until then for you to work out how many i need to send her.

Jared/Lisa.. the metronidazole tablets are 200mg each. please advise what treatment plan you have in mind and how many tablets Amanda will need to treat her fish. dispatching Monday, so we have until then for you to work out how many i need to send her.

I made a report with my comments.  We will get back to you ASAP :)

• Helper

Amanda, we're trying to work out the quantity of medicines to send you. please advise:

1. what volume the QT is

2. is there or do you have a cycled filter for it?

It's 55 litres, and no I don't have a cycled filter for it, unfortunately.

• Supporter

ok, i am sending you a filter, small grams scale, metronidazole and some other medicine to which you need to be instructed on, hence the small grams scale that i have included in package #2.. all i need returned after you're done is the filter and small grams scale. express post will be the medicines, standard post will be filter and scales. all with tracking, so let me know if you have not received the scales by Wednesday this week.

• Helper

ok, i am sending you a filter, small grams scale, metronidazole and some other medicine to which you need to be instructed on, hence the small grams scale that i have included in package #2.. all i need returned after you're done is the filter and small grams scale. express post will be the medicines, standard post will be filter and scales. all with tracking, so let me know if you have not received the scales by Wednesday this week.

Thanks so much Helen x3 I will let you know as soon as I receive them.

• Supporter

ok.. so is the QT tank with filter now cycled? can you post water params for the QT tank please?

Ammonia:

Nitrites:

Nitrates:

PH:

if we are QT'ing only the one fish, drop the water level to 10 gallons/40 litres (so the meds can last longer) and let me know us know when you're ready :)