Sign in to follow this  
Hinfin

Oranda fry diary, THE BIG SPAWN!

The last video I was first wondering why no rocking music like the others, but you didn't disapoint :rofl

The fish look awesome.

Offcourse i'd put in some music Mr. Hyde, why disapoint? :D

AS we can see the difference between pond and aquarium raised colors but unfortunately not everyone can have pond with them what would be the alternative. Would the full bright flurosecent tube work in a pretty large aquarium breaking the inch per gallon rule.

There are many colour enhancing additives in goldfish food available and green algea or even green water can be cultivated in aquariums. To me however, taking fry outside seems to jumpstart a specific development that is different then when grown out in an aquarium. Maybe better said they get a good start in life that way.

So basically i think you can archieve the same results providing all the beneficial factors in an aquarium setting. Putting them in a pond is much easier though, if you have the outdoors space needed. But ive also seen people having ponds on their balcony so where there is a will, there is a way!

Still i would like to caution anyone to just put their goldfish in an outdoors pond, it is not as easy as it may seem to maintain a save and stable waterquality. An aquarium is easier to maintain stable for fancy goldfish, at least i think so.

I heard someone mention that the foods with colour enhancement can change the colour of white goldfish.

I don't want to take the chance on my white chu.

Afaik this depends on the genetics of the fish, a genetic coding that 'allows' yellow might be prone to discolouration if you ask me. Most R/W coded fish do not allow this yellowing and even in green water the white stays absolutely white(see my avatar fish for example). The fish that are fully white turn yellow, but the ones with a tiny red spot remain white.......

This is a great thread. I have subscribed to your YouTube page. Is there any chance that you would do me a tutorial of how you feed the little fry and then the water change? I really struggled with this and lost my fry.

I am considering a fish room build for next summer. I have a 5 foot by 9 foot piece of land that I can build a small fish room on next to my new pond. 

Ive added a small vid to the youtube channel explaining how i WC the smallest fry. Excuse the poor quality of the video.

There are many video's on how to feed freshly hatched atremia on youtube, how to hatch them and what is important. I personally use chlorine to sanitize the hatching bottles and rinse and sieve the BBS very carefully before feeding. I also have a second set of the bottles so they are also dry when i prepare a next batch.

Thank you!

Ohhhhh.... lets do this!

they are so beautiful so amazing! I wish I had all the space and resources to breed big batches as well and its such a rewarding and incredible feeling when you see the frys grow out to be such amazing creatures.

WELL....... You asked for it!