Two new Oranda. One died, worried about remaining one.

Isa17

Let's see how she is tomorrow without the prazi. :D

What meds (antibiotics)  do you have on hand?  I'm almost sure I just asked you that but I'm helping lots of people right now.  Can't keep who has what straight.  :rofl3

Haha, very understandable! :)

I have metroplex, kanaplex and furan-2! Thanks for your help and hoping it's the prazi.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, good. Let's see how the lil darling is doing tomorrow. :teehee You've got what you need if we decide to treat. :D

Perfect! I hope I'm not freaking out too early, but I've recently experienced bad luck with QT fish.. :( thank you again !

Edited by Isa17

OK, good.  Let's see how the lil darling is doing tomorrow.  :teehee  You've got what you need if we decide to treat.  :D

She is still looking upset this morning :(

OK, good.  Let's see how the lil darling is doing tomorrow.  :teehee  You've got what you need if we decide to treat.  :D

She is still looking upset this morning :( 

Edit: She is pushing a long, very thin (string-like) and white/transparent poo... 

Do a 100% WC then add both metro and kana (dose per package instructions).   Then you will do a 100% WC every other day, redosing the meds.  On the day you don't do a WC, add Prime.  :D

Thank you so much! I will do this. Do I continue the prazi rounds and the salt at the same time or?  :hummm

Edited by Isa17

You won't need the salt.  Continue with prazi.  When are you due to start the next round?

I was planning in giving her today and tomorrow "off" then start round 2 on Monday.

Ok that works. So 100% WC today. Add metro and kana. No WC tomorrow, add Prime only. 100% WC Monday. Add kana, metro and Prazi. No WC tuesday, add prime. And so on. Make sense?

Makes sense :) Thanks again!! Edited by Isa17

Ok that works. So 100% WC today. Add metro and kana. No WC tomorrow, add Prime only. 100% WC Monday. Add kana, metro and Prazi. No WC tuesday, add prime. And so on. Make sense?

She is already perking up this morning :) Swimming around more, and were hungry for a piece og gel food and a pea  :teehee

Today was day 5 of kana + metro. She improved. No more bottom sitting is observable, she is active most of the time, she eats well. I don't see the transparent stringy poo, but not that much poo at all either? The soft belly is still present.

How long can I go into the antibiotics? Is there anything I can do? Thanks :)

You want to use the meds for a minimum of 14 days so let's keep going with those.  :D

What are you feeding her?  :idont   Is there a filter on the tank?  (Sorry don't remember  . ..  )

Ahh oups, thought it was less than that for some reason. I feed Saki-hikari, repashy soilent green, peas, blood worms, brine shrimps, new life spectrum nutri gel. There is no filter on her Qt tank,as I change her water every other day (100%) and prime on the other day.

Ok, let's feed just a pea (or half a pea?  she looks very small) a couple times a day for the next day or two and see if you find any green poos.  :teehee

She's 8 grams hihi :) perfect! Thanks again!!

Oh geez.  Maybe 1/4 of a pea.  :o

Alright, she is starting to poo some broken-up tiny pieces. Not green yet, I'll keep feeding peas tomorrow  :P

Today was day 14 of being on metro and kana. There is no other symptom remaining other than the "mushy" belly (close to her vent). What do I do? :o