Two new Oranda. One died, worried about remaining one.

Isa17

Hi everyone! I bought 2 baby Orandas, a week apart. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119629-tiny-tiny-baby/
Sadly, the first one just died unexpectedly today...They were together for three days in a quarantine tank. Now I'm concerned about the remaining baby...

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 0 ppm
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7,4
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7,4
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? 74 f
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10g, 8 days
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? No filter
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 100% daily
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? One last night and another just now. I also disinfected all my equipment and tank before reintroducing the remaining fish.
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? They were 2. One remaining.
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? I feed 2-3x daily. Bloodworms and brine shrimps, saki hikari pellets, NLS nutri gel food, peas.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? Both new. Second fish was added a week after the 1st.
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Prazi pro
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. First fish was on second round, remaining fish is on day 3 of round 1.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Soft bellies on both fish (what worries me).
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? The fish who died skipped her last meal, was less active for the past few hours. Remaining fish is fine as far as behavior goes.

This is the remaining baby Oranda. 

P1010471.jpg

Thanks for reading !

Edited by Isa17

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention, here are the meds I have at home:

-Seachem Kanaplex

-Seachem metro

-Api Furan - 2

-Epsom Salt and aquarium salt

-Prazipro

Did they come from the same source? Is she eating ok?

Thanks for filling out the form. :)

No, they are from two different stores. So far she is eating well but so did my other fish until this morning so I'm worried. Especially since this one has a soft belly..

Have you seen her poop?

Yes, while she was waiting for me to disinfect everything she was in a plastic tub and I saw about 5 poops that looked normal..

Have you seen her poop?

Yes, while she was waiting for me to disinfect everything she was in a plastic tub and I saw about 5 poops that looked normal..

Hmm, she just did an "empty" poo..

I think that without any real symptoms, all you can do is follow QT protocol, keep the water clean and hope for the best.

Alright I will do that thank you :)

I think that without any real symptoms, all you can do is follow QT protocol, keep the water clean and hope for the best.

BINGO.  :D

Sorry, if I wanted you to do something I would have found time to get back here sooner.  :peeka

BINGO.  :D

Sorry, if I wanted you to do something I would have found time to get back here sooner.  :peeka

Don't worry, I know you guys do your best (and it's well appreciated!) :)

My fish is now showing the same symptoms.

Bottom sitting since this morning, not being active. Didn't show any interest in food today, clamping... And the soft belly is still there. What do I do?

Salt at 0.3% concentration and double dose of prazi (1 teaspoon for 10 gallon). But I'm doing a water change at the moment, adding salt but no prazi.

Edited by Isa17

Just tried feeding her again and she accepted a couple of pellets, then spit them out... I'm hoping this is just the side effects of the prazi?:s

Edited by Isa17

Could very well be.  Was she in the prazi for 4 days and now you're giving her a couple days off?  How long has the salt been at 0.3%?

Yes, exactly. Has been at 0.3% since yesterday night.