Prazi Protocol with Uncycled Tank

landmouse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promised an update, and I've been slacking!  Spot and Midnight (who is morphing into Sunrise, as you'll see below) are doing great.  We've finished 4 rounds of Prazi, and Spot's spots are all gone.  They're active and eating well...even Sprulina 20, which I thought they hated!  We have recently come into some Repashy (thanks, Koko!) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they do with that as well.

Here they are at the last 100% WC.

DSCF2500.jpg

DSCF2511.jpg

Here's what Midnight looked like when he first arrived...what a difference!

DSCF2081.jpg

Also, :newfish:  I bought a 12.5 gallon Sterilite tote so it would hold 10 without being too full as a quarantine tank, plus an extra airstone.  We went to Petsmart for my daughter to pick a fish since both of those that died were hers.  Did she pick a fish for its beautiful coloring?  For it's body or tail shape or size?

Of course not!  She picked the one with obvious burns and missing scales and part of its tail.  She named him Lucky.   :doh11: 

DSCF2533.jpg

DSCF2539.jpg

Wish us luck!

The thing I love about the before and after pics of Midnight is in the before pic he is totally clamped and unhappy looking and the after pic his fins are relaxed and perky.  :teehee

Good luck with the new lil guy!  I think this answers my question in your other thread.  :doh11:

Spot and Midnight look so alert now. You did a wonderful job in bringing them to good health! That picture of the two of them looks like they are saying "Hey, Mommy! What's up and where's the food?" I have no doubt you are going to do the same for your daughter's new goldfish. :thumbup2:

I couldn't have done it without you, so maybe they're saying, "Thank you Lisa, for helping Mommy not accidentally kill us!"   :P  The new guy is active and alert in the QT tank, so I'm hopeful!

It wasn't just me! It also included you and the mod team. Lots of conversation goes on behind the scenes with the mod squad to figure out what treatment we feel is best. And then it is ultimately up to you to decide what to do with our recommendation. :)