Since it's official now...

FishyMandy

• Helper

Thanks guys ^_^

First thing to do is work out how to assemble the filter properly xD Pond was half empty this morning. 

I was going to build my own filter but every time I've tried something like that its failed so decided to just buy one. its only cheap one but seems to run well. 

It looks like water is coming our a spout on the right side of the filter and hitting the edge of the pond.  It really doesn't take a lot of water splashing out of the pond to bring down the water level.  To protect against the water level going too low, put the pump on a brick or something to raise it a few inches off the bottom.

To determine the cause of your water loss, fill the pond and turn off the pump overnight.  If the water level drops, you have a leak in the pond.  If not, the leak is in your plumbing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Helper

So.

Can I use silicone to patch a leak? (once I find the darn thing)  :madrant  :madrant

(Definitely not the filter. Turned the filter off, refilled the pond, 24 hours later it was half empty again)

To find the leak  if the water is still dropping, just search the outside for wet areas. If it has stopped dropping and the outside is dry, add just a bit of water wait a bit, and check for wet spots.  

I haven't repaired fiberglass.  I suggest you pm Ichthius, who has lots of fiberglass tubs, for advice on repairs.