Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

Got the new Fluval FX6!

I got my shipment of Fluval FX6's in! I watched a couple experts install one on youtube and before  knew it I had one running out of a 5 gallon bucket with NO NOISE. None at all. There are three media trays, the first for mechanical, the second for biological and the third is for chemical. The first tray has three sponges that take up it's entire space, The second I used SeaChem's Matrix, and for the third tray I used SeaChem's Purgin bags. The hoses are still black unlike my preferred transparent but it's sturdily built, quiet and powerful.

That's awesome. I was looking into the FX6 but it seemed too much for my tank. From everything I've read, it's a solid filter.

Congrats! :) They are easy to maintain, and starting the filter up is a breeze. Sooo much Powah!

I've had a Fluval FX6 running on my tank since February. It's a great filter, super quiet and fairly easy to maintain. I've got no complaints with it so far.

You can really move the water OR you can just dial it back and the motor doesn't mind the resistance. I had an emergency and had to put a lot of goldfish in a 20 gallon tank. I needed bio filtration and to roll the surface water for o2. So I just hooked up my Fluval FX6 and turned it down. Emergency is over now and goldfish seem fine with their 25 gallons each. Still trying to feed .05% of fish's weight and making sure everyone gets some but they are such gluttons. Anyway Fluval FX is absolutely the best canister filter.

Glenn

... So I just hooked up my Fluval FX6 and turned it down...

How did you turn it down Glenn?

On top of the canisters there are red shut off valves for the incoming and outgoing water.  I just turned to output valve to about 75% of the way closed. Just turn the output jets upward so they disturb the water surface so you get an idea of what the output is. Maybe even stick you hand in. The start to close either the output of input valves, Watch the output. When it's calm enough leave the dial/toggle switch where it is. Vola!

Congratulations!!!